Magneto nut

Did it strip the nut? Or the threads on the crankshaft? Could you get us a couple pics showing problem. Thanks.
Might that have happened due to trying to add that pull start on the other thread you started where I mentioned that pull starts seem to always fail on these China Girls and break things along the way???

Might that have happened due to trying to add that pull start on the other thread you started where I mentioned that pull starts seem to always fail on these China Girls and break things along the way???

Yes that's what the pull starters are known for, well in my opinion. đź‘Ť FUBARRING your crankshaft threads or stripping the nut out. Usually it messes up the nut. That's why I havent tried 1.

I Myself if I ever use 1, i will drill 2 holes in the magneto rotor 1 on each side of crankshaft nut & then tap it for 2 10-32 button head bolts. That way the starter cup will have some support & you wont be yanking / forcing on the crankshaft nut.

I Myself if I ever use 1, i will drill 2 holes in the magneto rotor 1 on each side of crankshaft nut & then tap it for 2 10-32 button head bolts. That way the starter cup will have some support & you wont be yanking / forcing on the crankshaft nut.
Thats smart, but nah the cause was I was trying to drill start it with my drill on max power, not a good idea

Back