Engine Trouble Magneto Wires?

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
8:20 PM
Okay a bit of a silly question, I have 2 magneto's. A broken one and a good one. The good ones little connector came off, the little metal piece at the top of the wire. Is there a way I can take one off the broken magneto, just the connector, and put it on my magneto? Cause I know my magneto is good I tested it with a multimeter, the other one is dead but that shouldn't matter if I'm just replacing the wire head. How would I do this?

This thingy
Screenshot_20211017-224419.png

Do you have any silver solder? If not & you are careful you can spread terminal on old mag to remove it, then use a pair of wire crimping pliers to put it on you good mag.

Those bullet plugs are crimped on and maybe soldered too It might be a pain in the azz to un crimp the little end to use it again
A new bullet connector can be bought at the hardware store and crimped on

Do you have any silver solder? If not & you are careful you can spread terminal on old mag to remove it, then use a pair of wire crimping pliers to put it on you good mag.
It's that simple? I do have soldering equipment just no solder, I'll just do the wire crimping stuff, thank you. Also is there anything to do with the tightness of the magneto to start it? Or can I just use a drill on tighten to cold start my engine.

Back