Engine Trouble Magneto Wires?

I cut them bullet connectors out, cause there junk, then I crimp male & female insulated spade connectors on mine.

Okay a bit of a silly question, I have 2 magneto's. A broken one and a good one. The good ones little connector came off, the little metal piece at the top of the wire. Is there a way I can take one off the broken magneto, just the connector, and put it on my magneto? Cause I know my magneto is good I tested it with a multimeter, the other one is dead but that shouldn't matter if I'm just replacing the wire head. How would I do this?
Wire nut, or head to your dads electrical connector stash and find the right set to reconnect them. You can go to the hardware store and spend a few cents getting some connectors too. They don't have to be bullet connectors. I use flat blade, they hold tighter and I get the ones that are weather proofed. Costs me like 75 cents for all of them.

Wire nut, or head to your dads electrical connector stash and find the right set to reconnect them. You can go to the hardware store and spend a few cents getting some connectors too. They don't have to be bullet connectors. I use flat blade, they hold tighter and I get the ones that are weather proofed. Costs me like 75 cents for all of them.
Thanks

Twisting wires together works too. A wire nut will work fine too.

But having it like it came from the factory is always better.
This depends on the factory lol.... solder and heat shrink tubing is the way to go. It doesn't have to be silver solder either. Cheap solder and Flux will do this job just fine. Just remember to slide your shrink tube on the wire before soldering them together.

This depends on the factory lol.... solder and heat shrink tubing is the way to go. It doesn't have to be silver solder either. Cheap solder and Flux will do this job just fine. Just remember to slide your shrink tube on the wire before soldering them together.
Yeh I know factory connections sometimes are not the best.
On my Whizzer I had to redo most of the wiring harness connections.
Silver solder isn't for electrical ya want Rosin Core 60-40 lead tin solder
I don't like the generic size pre cut heat shrink tubing. I buy heat shrink in 4" lengths so I can have a longer piece when I need it.
When running wires I'll put heat shrink on the whole length and make my own cable
Besides just covering a wire connection with heat shrink It's got other uses too.
I've coated brake cables to keep the cable housings from wearing through in certain areas where it rubs.
Same with my Spedo and throttle cable I coated them with heat shrink because the plastic coating would of cracked and pealed off.
I've put heat shrink on chrome tubing to make it flat black. Looks great and lasts forever.
It comes in different colors too. But so far I just use black.

Back