Magwheel hub question

All4-1

Local time
10:52 PM
Hey guys I have a hyper beach cruiser with a Zeda triple 40 and I just received the mag wheels I ordered from bikeberry.com for them
Im wondering a few issues because the wheels didn't come with everything to install

1. Wheels have disk brakes so I need a adapter to bolt it to the frame. Which one do I get?
2. The back wheel didn't come with a pedal drive hub/ sprocket. It's ready to fit your existing sprocket drive but I'm trying to do away with the coaster brake and make it a single speed freewheel- the kind that clicks when you don't pedal and you can pedal backwards. I had a 16tooth before and that's a good ratio I just want to change the coaster
3. Is there anything I should do to the wheels or anything before mounting like greasing or fitment adjustments or even just to make it work better
4. I also got a dual brake lever but they didn't have the dual cable. Is it fine to use just 2 salvaged brake cables from old bikes? And do these levers have an adjustable bias or is it just is what it is?
5. And I got a thumb throttle since I'll have to be using my throttle hand for the brakes too. Will my stock cable bolt up or is there anything I need to do with this?

Also generally any info or tips of any kind would be great
Thank you everyone

Btw I suppose there's a tool needed to take on off the rear sprocket hub so I would need to know which one of them to use also

Also generally any info or tips of any kind would be great
Here is a link from another post where i have answered this particular question in the past, Just follow all the links for further complete info as well as links to the items you need and where they can be gotten.

Be aware that due to ongoing supply chain problems that your going to find some things needed to be periodically out of stock so patience will be paramount during these times in order to obtain what you will need...DAMIEN

As for the brake cables, i just got them from my local bicycle shop measured to the length i needed, and the pedal sprocket WILL BE a 22 tooth for the freewheel...That link is in the other posts as well...You will also need to get some additional links for the pedal shain at your local bike shop as the stock chain without additional links will not fit the 22 tooth freewheel sprocket...You can also do what i did with the drive chain to eliminate any need for a tensioner by cutting down the drive chain for exact fit at the same time you add on links to the pedal chain to coincide them together...no tensioner means one less thing to go wrong and it will run and ride much smoother, just like a motorcycle does.

You will also need to stretch the rear fork dropdowns by hand for about a half inch to place the rear wheel assembly in place...I used an extra axle nut between the left side rear brake rotor and the dropdown of the frame to retain that spacing you will need to make sure that the disk rotor does not contact the bike frame.

Do not trust the tightness of the sprocket and rotor hold down bolts as it comes from the factory...Pull them out and redo the blue locktite on all of them and retighten them...Mine were not tight enough when mine arrived and i doubt yours will be tight enough either...lol.

Here is a link from another post where i have answered this particualr question in the past, Just follow all the links for further complete info as well as links to the items you need and where they can be gotten.

Be aware that due to ongoing supply chain problems that your going to find some things needed to be periodically out of stock so patience will be paramount during these times in order to obtain what you will need...DAMIEN

As for the brake cables, i just got them from my local bicycle shop measured to the length i needed, and the pedal sprocket WILL BE a 22 tooth for the freewheel...That link is in the other posts as well...You will also need to get some additional links for the pedal shain at your local bike shop as the stock chain without additional links will not fit the 22 tooth freewheel sprocket...You can also do what i did with the drive chain to eliminate any need for a tensioner by cutting down the drive chain for exact fit at the same time you add on links to the pedal chain to coincide them together...no tensioner means one less thing to go wrong and it will run and ride much smoother, just like a motorcycle does.

You will also need to stretch the rear fork dropdowns by hand for about a half inch to place the rear wheel assembly in place...I used an extra axle nut between the left side rear brake rotor and the dropdown of the frame to retain that spacing you will need to make sure that the disk rotor does not contact the bike frame.

Do not trust the tightness of the sprocket and rotor hold down bolts as it comes from the factory...Pull them out and redo the blue locktite on all of them and retighten them...Mine were not tight enough when mine arrived and i doubt yours will be tight enough either...lol.

If I might add a few suggestions also Damien: The 22 tooth sprocket (I have had two of these) are "once on and Once off" - you need to distruct it to remove it. I went with one from the bike shop for $22 (16 tooth is all they had) (twice the price) but it is removable with a tool and re-usable. The disc brake adapter from BB is out of stock as they cut the price in half last month to $13. I just got two of them from MZMiami... and they are pricy...$28 each plus $4 shipping. you have to order them from their e-bay store as their website says they are out of stock. I could not find them anywhere else. Also there is a dual brake lever out there with a brake light switch which if you are going with lights is a nice feature.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H19NPZ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Damien, while reading your answer above, you inadvertently solved a mystery I was banging my head against the wall try to figure out! Thank You! Now I know how to move forward on my own conversion to mag wheels and disc brakes. (Laughing at myself for not seeing it!) LOL!

Damien, while reading your answer above, you inadvertently solved a mystery I was banging my head against the wall try to figure out! Thank You! Now I know how to move forward on my own conversion to mag wheels and disc brakes. (Laughing at myself for not seeing it!) LOL!
Let me guess...The disk rotor was hitting the frame and my little trick with the extra axle nut as a spacer solved the problem...lol.

Ps...Don't forget the blue locktite on that nut too...lol.

It was the damn pedal chain, after going from an 18 to a 22 tooth sprocket. I feel like an idiot now for not seeing that! LOL!

The BikeBerry brake disc adapters are great. I have three sets of them.

You will need to measure your cable housing with them installed.

I would not recommend using salvaged cables if you don't have to.

Use new cables with no kinks or bends and lube it.

I think diesel tech recommends a "Dri Lube" made specifically for cable housings.

With custom brakes you will most likely need custom length housings.

My Walmart cable replacement set did not have housings long enough for the rear brake.

I have just read riskmans post that the BikeBerry adapters are out of stock. My first order I had to wait two months for. Then when I got them, I ordered two more sets I like them so much.

Yeah I waited almost 2 months for the wheels to be in stock but then the cables and disk adapters were out 🤔

How do these mount to the bike with the adapters though? They wrap around the frame or what cause I don't even have the posts from where the sidepull brakes would have been and it kind of looks like that's what they would bolt to from the pics

Back