Engine Trouble Major loss of power

The loss of power came after the souder gave out on the magneto,,, then you experienced a lot less power after putting on a new one...

Why would this cause the loss of power...

You said that you now have spark after that...

If this "new" replacement souder is the same and caused the bike to loose power on the hills,,, why change jetting... Something is not adding up...

If the engine ran good on the needle jet clip position it was on,,, what else would of caused the engine too loose power...

Interesting indeed...

Just asking is all...

The souder issue is one thing,,, jetting would be the other,,, i don't see how either of them are related to the first instance of loss of power when it was running good before the souder was changed out...

Again,,, just asking is all...

Don
FYI, it's spelled solder.

The loss of power came after the souder gave out on the magneto,,, then you experienced a lot less power after putting on a new one...

Why would this cause the loss of power...

You said that you now have spark after that...

If this "new" replacement souder is the same and caused the bike to loose power on the hills,,, why change jetting... Something is not adding up...

If the engine ran good on the needle jet clip position it was on,,, what else would of caused the engine too loose power...

Interesting indeed...

Just asking is all...

The souder issue is one thing,,, jetting would be the other,,, i don't see how either of them are related to the first instance of loss of power when it was running good before the souder was changed out...

Again,,, just asking is all...

Don
I asked if he changed the jet after break in because if not and it was running well/good it's quite possible there was an air leak since these are rich with the stock jet.An air leak could have let it run good/better then sealed it's self and now is rich,He also stated that he re seated the ring's after inspection and that doesn't happen and could cause the loss of power and heat build up since running rich should not get hot as he said it now does.

sorry for late replies working atm

i checked for oily stuff on the under side and only thing i see is dirt from riding nothing oily or of that matter.

no i havnt changed out the jets since breakin should i have ?

and by reseating i actually meant to say checked they were still inplace (was half aslp when typing initial post due to work)

throttle goes all the way up and down smoothly

and by ur question about the plug are you meaning the plug number or how it looks after a run ?

heading to the storenin the morning (local small engine parts store that should have stuff) to grab a few jets sizes to see if that helps and just realized u meant after it ran for the plug ill hav to get another plug bcuz last fresh 1 i had threads snapped off (faulty plug barely even tightened it)inside the nicer head ... soo im bak to stock head (was doing same stuff regardless of the head)

ill try and grab a fresh plug while im out to i had a ngk b6hs (possibly b7hs cant remember) ill double check later

I think you'll find that jetting it now will bring back the power,as it seems you had an air leak before I say this because the #70 jet that comes in the stock carbs is usually to big for them to run well unless you've modded the porting and timing and have a pipe.Most guy's end up around #66 jet and the needle two notches down from the top to get good throttle response and a clean burn in the top under load,it's ok to be just a touch rich as you lift or hold a fixed throttle position and the load has leveled off,this help to cool the engine and prolong ride time's.

another detail i just remembered is when i leave the mesh "airfilter" in it makes it 4 stroke at anything over 1/4 ish throttle but when i took out the "filter" ij stopped 4 stroking entirley

i say "filter" bcuz its literally a piece of aquariam filter mesh ...

another detail i just remembered is when i leave the mesh "airfilter" in it makes it 4 stroke at anything over 1/4 ish throttle but when i took out the "filter" ij stopped 4 stroking entirley

i say "filter" bcuz its literally a piece of aquariam filter mesh ...
What position do you have the clip on in your carb? Maybe go down one if it 4 strokes with a filter installed.

Back