Engine Trouble Make engine shiny

Eddie Medley

Local time
11:15 PM
How was wondering if I could make my 80cc 2 stroke engine shiny I was going to buy a black one but and take the black paint off and make it shiny or chrome like if you know how or lead me in the right direction. That be greatly appreciated.

Disassembly, careful masking, shotblasting and polishing are your only option.
That you had to ask tells me you are not going to like the work involved.

Steve

No it not that it just that I never really done stuff like this before but I am learning new stuff everyday.

Take your covers off wash the paint off with thinner .then sand it all smooth with 240 sand paper then 800 then 1200. finer the better no deep scratches then get some aluminium polish from a car Shop hardware store .rub it a bit or get a pad for a drill is best and cheapest and you get a mirror finish ..The One in The pic is off a silver motor I polished long time ago bit beaten up .then my friend did his covers .

Attachments

• DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 200
I've found out through lots of work that the stock covers are of very poor casting quality. Sanding into holes, veins, hard spots, etc. A better, though more expensive option is to get billet covers (SBP has some very nice ones!) These polish up beautifully. In fact, they look so good out of the box that you may not want to even bother polishing them.

I seen a guy use those round scotchbrite bits in a drill press to give them a jeweled look. Wasn't super shiny, but it looked kinda cool.

Back