make your own torque pipe

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
my engine is a 66cc and i will agree with you that i (so far) have never thought of measuring the port timing because it should be an established fact after so much time messing around with these engines.

I will have a go at getting the figures for you.

OK, but I don't recommend using a degree wheel in a way that depends on establishing top dead center. There's too many degrees that the piston is at the very top. You can print out the top left wheel at http://swarfrat.com/images/DegreeWheels.jpg and cut a hole in the center that helps with centering it, use silicone seal to glue it to the left side crank shaft, let it dry an hour, take the cylinder head and exhaust pipe off, shine a flashlight into the exhaust port while looking at a low angle (see drawing) for the light. Put a mark with pencil on the sprocket cover right at the edge of the degree wheel. Put your wrench on the crankshaft nut and turn it clockwise till the piston is descending from top center. Mark the degree wheel at the point which you can begin to see light. Turn the crank clockwise almost a half turn until the light is just blocked off by the ascending piston and mark the degree wheel. Determine the number of degrees between the two marks. Standard is around 140 degrees. This is called the port duration, the number of degrees that the port is open. Now do the same for the transfer ports but shine the light onto the port from above and note when you just start to see into the port.
degreeing.gif

So I started making another pipe nightlight !!! Got every thing cut out and now have to shape it all and weld up !!! Going to try your belie pipe thing to get the dbs down and the hp up !!!!!

I'm glad to hear you are making it. If it turns out pretty then show us a picture of it. If not, then don't! ha!
But anyway report on how it works for you. Don't forget to experiment with header lengths to find the length that gives the best top speed. That means it is tuned for peak supercharging at peak rpm which is the way it should be.

I would start with the same length because the port timing is similar to the 48cc. Of course you could measure the port timing and I could give you more than a guess to start with.

ps- it's been years now that I am waiting for someone to get off their lazy rear and take these measurements so I can make more specific recommendations on porting and pipe. Will you be the first to break this long lasting streak of shameful non-action?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I like making my own stuff !!!! It says something about me when I roll up to people and they say , WOW Where did you buy that I want one and I say ,made it my self ....... And they look at me like WTF !!!!! No Shxt !!!!! I love the look that they give me !!!!

yeah I know what ya mean.
And when they ask you how much it costs you can double the reaction by telling them a nice high figure to compensate you for all the time you spent on it as if you had been getting paid for that time.
That makes your ride even more exclusive and "unobtanium". I like to do that down here because no one is going to spend much on a motorized bike and so I know they are just being curious and kinda thoughtlessly wasting my time. That's how I get rid of them.

Hey Jaguar ,Didn't you post a link some place for temp-lets to be printed off the computer ??!!! I was looking for it and cant find it !! I just wanted to check my parts before I weld this one up !!! Hey is your pipe made of SS or just cold rolled steel ???!!!! I down loaded the plans for the silencer also, the first pipe is to load !!!!! I get alot of looks with it !!!!!

Back