Making BT100 a two piece cylinder?

RatCatcher

Local time
7:27 AM
Hi. First time poster new to motoredbikes. I recently got a 100cc from bikeberry which is a BT100. I was wondering if it can be converted into a two piece using this kit?
The steel sleeve sounds robust, but looks like it may fall when the aluminum gets heated. All iron would be great, but that will never exist.Also are there any windowed pistons available for the BT100? Or can I use a YD100 windowed pistion? I dont know if the BT100 uses a high hole or is the same as the YD. I plan on putting a DIO reed on the BT. I will not be using stock pin clips they will be wiseco cw10. Should I use a different style or will the cw hold in there?

Can someone fill me in on the Diffrence between the BT and the YD? Is the YD the updated version and why are they cheaper? The YD looks like it is all made in the same factory and just distributed differently. Same with the BT. Parts are widely available for the YD too. Why not the BT?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The steel sleeve sounds robust, but looks like it may fall when the aluminum gets heated. All iron would be great, but that will never exist

If you are getting the motor that hot, you need to look at your jetting

They make cast iron jugs, that can be adapted to our motors. Just have to find which ones you want to put the work in on.

If it's not CDH, don't waste your time. lol.

These are the ones I like in steel sleeved. I FREAKING LOVE 'EM!!! By far my fav motor of all the ones I've tried.
This would be a way to go. Now if only the YD windowed piston is the same specs to go in that jug.
My motor is a single piece jug bt100. I'm not sure if it is a pk80 bottom with long rod. If it is the cdh jug would work. Just have to find a windowed piston.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi. First time poster new to motoredbikes. I recently got a 100cc from bikeberry which is a BT100. I was wondering if it can be converted into a two piece using this kit?
The steel sleeve sounds robust, but looks like it may fall when the aluminum gets heated. All iron would be great, but that will never exist.Also are there any windowed pistons available for the BT100? Or can I use a YD100 windowed pistion? I dont know if the BT100 uses a high hole or is the same as the YD. I plan on putting a DIO reed on the BT. I will not be using stock pin clips they will be wiseco cw10. Should I use a different style or will the cw hold in there?

Can someone fill me in on the Diffrence between the BT and the YD? Is the YD the updated version and why are they cheaper? The YD looks like it is all made in the same factory and just distributed differently. Same with the BT. Parts are widely available for the YD too. Why not the BT?
The yd is one piece the LD is 2 piece the stud spacing is different than some not sure about the BT bottom and YD/LD or the crank and rod hi or low pin etc... I am curious what fits what... There's a 110 jug also but I've heard to stay away from the steel sleeve jugs and the one piece

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This would be a way to go. Now if only the YD windowed piston is the same specs to go in that jug.
My motor is a single piece jug bt100. I'm not sure if it is a pk80 bottom with long rod. If it is the cdh jug would work. Just have to find a windowed piston.
CDH doesn't have a windowed piston for the 100cc steel sleeve 49mm yet. They are working on it though. I talked to my ebay rep and they said it will be a little longer, but they are working to get them. They don't know when exactly so they won't give me a date, so I don't get my hopes up. lol. A $10 knock off dremel tool and you can make your own windowed piston easy.

Or you can dredge the bottom off the intake open.

So after doing measurements on the single piece bt100 a steel sleeve two piece should fit. Assuming the studs are 55mm center to center and not end to end which would be 65mm. The rod is stamped AF80. That should work. I measured and a yd100 piston fits in the single piece bt100, but the pin is only 10mm af80 is 12. Hopefully they will hit the market with a windowed piston. So I'm going to toss some 8mm studs in and give a two piece a try in the BT case. Does anyone have good head recommendations that isnt lacking in squish values?

So after doing measurements on the single piece bt100 a steel sleeve two piece should fit. Assuming the studs are 55mm center to center and not end to end which would be 65mm. The rod is stamped AF80. That should work. I measured and a yd100 piston fits in the single piece bt100, but the pin is only 10mm af80 is 12. Hopefully they will hit the market with a windowed piston. So I'm going to toss some 8mm studs in and give a two piece a try in the BT case. Does anyone have good head recommendations that isnt lacking in squish values?
you can buy a 12mm reamer and ream out the small end of the rod to 12mm. Only takes a few seconds to do, and doesn't need to be removed from the crank.

you can buy a 12mm reamer and ream out the small end of the rod to 12mm. Only takes a few seconds to do, and doesn't need to be removed from the crank.
That would be for a YD. I have a few YD motors around with windows and gave a piston a try. I'd have to widen the piston. The af80 rods in the BT case are 12 and the YD rods are 10.

Back