Making BT100 a two piece cylinder?

I may have hit a snag. With the bushing the top of the AF80 rod in the BT. It measures 16mm. These steel kit pistons have 10mm pins. Does anyone have measurements of another AF80 rod. I'm hoping these weren't special made for the BT.

I may have hit a snag. With the bushing the top of the AF80 rod in the BT. It measures 16mm. These steel kit pistons have 10mm pins. Does anyone have measurements of another AF80 rod. I'm hoping these weren't special made for the BT.
I got a AF80 rod in my cdh 110cc 2 stroke, it's got a 12mm wrist pin, it's a modified rod from the factory. They took a AF80 10mm wrist pin rod & reamed & honed it for a 12mm wrist pin. I'm betting there doing same thing with that engine of yours.

I got a AF80 rod in my cdh 110cc 2 stroke, it's got a 12mm wrist pin, it's a modified rod from the factory. They took a AF80 10mm wrist pin rod & reamed & honed it for a 12mm wrist pin. I'm betting there doing same thing with that engine of yours.
So it is. This might have been BT's way of proprietary parts. I may have to press in a bearing. But it may be near impossible to find one with a 16od to the correct size a 10mm uses. 14mm? If it ever decides to spin the lube hole will be covered. I don't have a press to put a new rod in. A new crank assembly would be impractical as well. Other than the rod a two piece kit should fit. Guess I'll just have to run it as it is single jug.

So it is. This might have been BT's way of proprietary parts. I may have to press in a bearing. But it may be near impossible to find one with a 16od to the correct size a 10mm uses. 14mm? If it ever decides to spin the lube hole will be covered. I don't have a press to put a new rod in. A new crank assembly would be impractical as well. Other than the rod a two piece kit should fit. Guess I'll just have to run it as it is single jug.
You can get a bearing set tool set for about 30 bucks. An all you need is a hammer after that. I use a hydraulic bench press rated at 6 tons. I was just hammering them in and out before that. the press didn't cost much either, less than 2 c notes.

Back