Man am I cheap.

mark20

Any
Ah, I see. I am an idiot. Any links to where I could find this kit?
There littery everywhere on Ebay, bikeberry etc)
Just type in "80cc bike motor kit"
But heres the link for one
This one is a 2 piece jug

This is a 1 piece jug (same one that I have, but it could just be a different picture, you never know what they ship you)

Thereparist

I guess I'm going with the jackshaft. That just fits with what I need right now. Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest jackshaft?

JerboaJohn

Staton Inc. is great for gears, axles, doodads. making a jackshaft is lots better than buying a cheap setup you can bolt on (and end up tearing it up in short order). look around their site http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=home and give them a call. very helpful folks. Also OMB Warehouse is good for gears.
I have a jackshaft mount plate and couple clutches for 3/4", bolts on to 79cc and mid size Honda clones, unused bcs I didn't want a centrifugal clutch. (you could have it) also bcs it won't hold up to my 118cc Lifan (4.8hp+)
more $ getting into 4 strokes, but they have torque, sound cool, last a lot longer than 2 strokes

either way you go, 2 stroke or 4, you'll get lots of help from ppl here

JerboaJohn

79cc-transmissiongasbike.jpg

with this kind of setup (just like my unused 1), it's simpler than doing your own axle, gears, pillow blocks and drilled plate mounted on seatpost.
these are like $80-100

mark20

I guess I'm going with the jackshaft. That just fits with what I need right now. Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest jackshaft?
i used a baja warroir jackshaft.
making your own is a but tricky (bike4life made one, no idea if he finsished it, or just gave up)
yea a jackshaft + the engine is going to cost you more than whole the CG engine kit.
if you want a 4 stroke get this kit (for your first kit, still a very fun drive!)

LewieBike

CrazyDan

bike4life

Hello everybody, I'm lookin to get my motored bikes fix. Issue is, I'm not exactly rolling in dough. My plan, was to get a Harbor Freight 79cc engine and slap that baby on a bike. Then I learned about the jackshaft setup. I spoke with someone and they told me this was neccesary. The problem with this was that its expensive. So now I'm at a loss. I was planning on going with a CNC sprocket hub, so things have been planned out on that front, but I need a solution to a clutch. Help!??
u think your cheap. lol I am the king of cheapness. Wont ever pay a train ticket, wait till i get kicked off. Harborfreight ring up all items as a seperate purchase...