Mantis tiller no start

The holes on the intake side match up.

Attachments

• 20230422_160051.jpg
    20230422_160051.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 66
On the filter side of the carburetor, The newer carburetor has an extra hole that gets covered up with the gasket.

Attachments

• 20230422_160316.jpg
    20230422_160316.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 56
Try bolting on the new carb without the intake box, if it fires up then the extra pathways are your problem

I just tried this. The only way I could get it to kick over is if I have the return line on the bottom, The fuel filter line on the top nipple. Again it kicks over doesn't start. I'm pretty sure I ordered the right carburetor but it didn't come in the package it showed on Amazon It came and plastic I'm going to order another one. Going to try and get the stock carb

I just tried this. The only way I could get it to kick over is if I have the return line on the bottom, The fuel filter line on the top nipple. Again it kicks over doesn't start. I'm pretty sure I ordered the right carburetor but it didn't come in the package it showed on Amazon It came and plastic I'm going to order another one. Going to try and get the stock carb
No worries, not all is lost yet. Take the cover off the side opposite the primer and compare the diaphragm and needle. Place both carbs side side on a nice white towel or paper towel so you don't lose any of the little parts. You can then swap the new diaphragm and needle for the old ones on the OE carb.
Does the OE carb (Zama) pump fuel with the bulb? Just push down on the bulb gently and check for any tiny crack in it.

Both sides of a
Mantis 7920 carb.
61-7FrYACVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61tSos93dOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Unfortunately there are many versions. The Zama is a repop version of the Walbro. The one the OP bought is a repop of the Zama and is unbranded. It has an extra breather hole that the Zama doesn't have.
If the pulse is just pulling air through the carb then it will be hard to get it to pump fuel.
I've actually changed single adjusting one for two adjustment, always easier to get a good idle with those.

No worries, not all is lost yet. Take the cover off the side opposite the primer and compare the diaphragm and needle. Place both carbs side side on a nice white towel or paper towel so you don't lose any of the little parts. You can then swap the new diaphragm and needle for the old ones on the OE carb.
Does the OE carb (Zama) pump fuel with the bulb? Just push down on the bulb gently and check for any tiny crack in
Have new carb coming but Switched out the diaphragms, pretty much the whole bottom cover and the whole top cover between two carburetors and used the original OEM carburetor. Here's a picture of the old diaphragm
And the difference between the needles.
Got it started. Partially choked,It was running and I hit the throttle and it died.
Then I got it started again a few times we runs for like 10-15 seconds and dies.
So from here do I adjust the L clockwise or counterclockwise

Attachments

• 20230423_163014.jpg
    20230423_163014.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230423_162024.jpg
    20230423_162024.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 56
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wcwq9QSMXrdaydmX8. Got it started , It was running for about a minute or two, I revved the engine, bogged out a little bit. Sounded like it was going to die. Pulled the choke a little bit and kept running. Then it died and started smoking. There's a video of it smoking

Back