Manual Clutch for 3/4" Crankshaft (Replacement for Centrifugal)

ddowns46

Local time
9:55 PM
Hi all,

My name is Danny Downs and I have been working on a project over the last year with my brother (we're both engineers) to design and manufacture a manual clutch that can replace the standard centrifugal clutch. We have been posting our progress on various mini bike and go kart forums, and we've realized that motorized bikes could particularly benefit from a manually actuated clutch. You can check out our website at www.downsbrosracing.com

-We are still in the process of posting videos of our newest production clutch, and the kit that we are offering will feature everything necessary to mount a manual clutch onto a 3/4" crankshaft engine. The kid will include the clutch, the cable, a clutch lever, and all necessary mounting hardware. Please check out the photos section of our website for more information of the production clutch.

-Currently we have 100 production clutches in stock, but we are giving priority for the sales to the original forum guys that have shown interest. When everyone has had a chance to order, we will open up to the general public sometime next week.

Check out our other forums here for more information:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/e...19-manual-clutch-horizontal-shaft-engine.html

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19841

We would really love to hear any input you all might have, so please keep us posted!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,361
How will you ship the "kid" to us and what kind of hoops will we have to jump through with child services? Will the Kid be trained on how to install your clutches?

neat lil unit.

sprocket size. looks to be fixed. any alternatives?

how far out from engine does it stick? same dimensions, as say, a maxtorque, wider, narrower?

im assuming it works with the cable rotating that bottom member.

links? i dont click links! :giggle:

Back