Manual Clutch for Honda GX

Supercoke

Local time
6:29 PM
I did a search about this product I found, and was very surprised no one has mentioned it.
http://3dmotorsport.net/products/3dma-racing-clutch-3-4?variant=18184234436

I was thinking I could make it work for a Honda GHX50 engine if I put a 5/8 to 3/4 shaft adapter sleeve. Then install it with a custom jackshaft like the SBP shift kit, but I still have to do the math for what additional gearing I might need.

I love the sound of a 4 stroke with a manual clutch for the practicality. Less weight, no broken pull start string, just pedal and drop the clutch like the 2 smoke I use now. Also a narrower profile due to the removal of the bulky pull start mechanism.

Has anyone tried this? Am I missing something in the drivetrain that is obvious to someone more experienced than I?

looks so funny to see the video they have posted. we are such DORKS! lol. ((( oops, i tried to post one where the guy was launching his drag minibike))) but yeah, looks maybe good. dax just came out with a new belt drive... and a 3.25 hp 4 stroke motor too. but this looks industrial, for sure. only thing i dont like... is how WIDE the thing is!! im not sure i would like the width of a 4 stroke. i like to be able to pedal the thing, on trails sometimes... but yeah, im looking to make a bike... not sure if jackshaft, this thing, 4 stroke kit... just not sure.

Back