mark f. cheney 53 cc hausheng motors

mark f. cheney

Local time
11:23 PM
I have just acquired some Hausheng 53 cc motors. I picked up on this forum as it seams to have reasonable info about the motor. Thank you for the comments

I have just acquired some Hausheng 53 cc motors. I picked up on this forum as it seams to have reasonable info about the motor. Thank you for the comments
Huasheng makes a few versions, what do you have?

What are you going to do with them?
How much did you pay a piece?

Pics would help of both sides of the motor.
thanks

as near as I could tell they all looked the same to me. I have red ones. They offered me red and yellow. I bought motors with their centrifugal clutch attached out put shaft. It uses a 78 MM clutch drum. I am mounting it with Staton drum and bearing housing with a 5/8" out put shaft. I am mounting a 6 J micro groove pulley on that to make a shaft reduction system.The carb looks like a 142 F carb. It mikes on the intake and out put side like one. I bought them because Honda 50s are now knocking on $400.00 with out a clutch. I wanted the clutch with the high RPM and low weight. Houshang tells me that the motor turns 6800. However on this forum there are much higher RPMs posted. does any one know at what RPM they come apart? My guess is around 9000-10000. I think that they are a great value for the money.

Mark F. Cheney

The stock oil dipper on the "big end" of the conrod is likely to break off with extended engine speeds over 8000. The oiling system is primitive, at really high engine speed the "small end" will not get proper oiling and the conrod may shatter if you keep it there long enough. It's happened at least a half-dozen times that I've seen on the forums over the years. Horsepower falls off over ~7200RPM, so revving over 8500 is just flogging it needlessly, IMO. Keep it under 8K and it should last at least 10,000 miles.

An easy way to keep them from revving over 8K RPM is to gear your setup so it turns about 8000 @ 38-42 MPH. With only ~2HP available, you won't be able to exceed 8K RPM unless you're going downhill or have an excellent tailwind. Mine's set up that way and my top speed is about 36MPH on the flat with no wind. That's about 7250RPM for my engine.

I also have one of these engines, and am concerned about overspeed. However, this engine has a very basic 5 wire CDI, which I am going to try replacing with one from a GY6 scooter, because those have a rev limiter, and it should be easy. They are also cheap. I'll update after I do.

I already posted my report on the alternator on these motors on another thread, but I'll post it here as well. The alternator is practically useless, for all intents and purposes. Conventional alternators are 28v, and use half wave rectifier regulators like voltage deviders to make an appropriate 12v charging system. Therefore, automotive and motorcycle RR's won't work on it, since this alternator is only 14v, and will only make 14v with a full wave bridge rectifier. If you employ a full wave bridge rectifier and seperate regulator or charge controller, theoretically, is should work. However, I have been unable to do so thus far.
However, when I used the cheap as they get RR for a GY6 scooter (4 pin terminal), I got a consistant output of around 6vdc, and that would be appropriate for powering bicycle lights, and perhaps even maintainig a 6v battery. But the 3 terminal RR I tried did not make anything at all on this alternator.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND: http://www.chinesemotoparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2659 A full wave regulator!

Last edited:
Back