Massive Electromagnetic interference from Magneto or CDI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem with my speedo and the spark plug wire solved my problem too. You can purchase single wires from most auto parts stores. Just ask for a single 90 degree plug wire. It will actually be a distributor wire most of the time. Unless you specify a high performance copper wire you will get a shielded resistor wire which is what you want. You can use either 7 or 8 mm wire. You unscrew your old wire from the CDI box. There is the tip of a small sheet metal screw in the CDI. Cut your new plug wire to length. Strip a little of the outer insulation off and screw it back into the CDI box. Good Luck!

can i confirm: we do want resistor wire? or we do not want resisor wire?

i wasnt clear after your post

My metal shield was also a huge waste of time. Did not help one bit.

I mounted an e-motor to make it tribrid. Finally I got the ignition noise solved so I can use both at the same time. Like you, everything seemed to make no difference even though it seemed it should. ferrite core did nothing, shielding the plug wire same.

This is what happened:

I made a cover for the CDI from a coffee can and soldered braided shielding from an old printer cable extending all the way to the plug boot.

This made no difference either whether grounded or not. Then I wrapped aluminum foil around the power wires to the e-controller. Nothing.

On a hunch I wrapped my hand around the plug wire while riding, while working both throttles and watching for traffic. That fixed it.

Now the plug shielding is connected to the aluminum around the power wires, but a resistor plug was required (unless I want to ride all the time with my hand around the plug wire). Grounding it to the frame makes no difference that I can tell.

Wireless turn signals not I due to emi anyone have a solution

Any one have a solution for wireless turn signals not working because of emi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back