Master link keeps breaking

Bizzy B

Local time
3:14 PM
Hello i have a Coleman CT200U for my son. This kid really drives the crap out of it. The drive chain along with the front chain was replaced by an after market chain from tractor supply. I removed the links to make it fit. Is there a specific link to remove? I was told the chain to buy is a 420. The chain fits really well and seems a lot more durable than the stock chain. Well I have an issue the master link keeps breaking off. I installed the master clip open end facing the rear of the bike. I also replace the tensioner as well. I do see some wear on the rubber pulley but think it’s normal. This issue is really becoming a pain in the a**. Anyone else experiencing the same thing and any help on a solution is greatly appreciated.

Bizz.

Follow the link all the way around and see if it hits anything. Are any of your sprockets too tight of a fit for the link/chain? Not all master links are created =, maybe a better quality link is needed.

Hello i have a Coleman CT200U for my son. This kid really drives the crap out of it. The drive chain along with the front chain was replaced by an after market chain from tractor supply. I removed the links to make it fit. Is there a specific link to remove? I was told the chain to buy is a 420. The chain fits really well and seems a lot more durable than the stock chain. Well I have an issue the master link keeps breaking off. I installed the master clip open end facing the rear of the bike. I also replace the tensioner as well. I do see some wear on the rubber pulley but think it’s normal. This issue is really becoming a pain in the a**. Anyone else experiencing the same thing and any help on a solution is greatly appreciated.

Bizz.
Was it installed on the top of the chain loop?
The closed end of the master link goes toward the direction of travel.

If you bent the clip it would be done... You don't need a master link if you can peen over the pins like the factory did... A center punch and a block of steel behind it...

I have an issue the master link keeps breaking off. I installed the master clip open end facing the rear of the bike.
like Chainlube said the closed end of the clip goes in the direction of travel.

I will put something like this on the chain from sprocket to sprocket to make sure it's straight and no binding... And measure clearances etc... if you're chain is not straight it will throw masters off...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-121226.png
    Screenshot_20220126-121226.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 159
Back