Matching grips for twist throttle on right and twist shifter on left?

The-DMV

Local time
7:19 PM
I'm building my bike with a NuVinci n171 hub, so I'm going to put the twist shifter on the left. Does anyone know of matching grips I could get that have a 7/8" short grip for the left, and a 1" standard grip for the throttle?

I'm using the n360, the only thing I can say is a black grip for both sides, I know they sell replacement grips (or did, not sure if still) but they are all black too.

One could get creative with some aluminum ones they make but requires modifications to fit the left side.

I wanted to do these except the right side doesnt fit the last throttle well, I think if I forced the issue it might.
ke-gp1-rohl-ergon-grip-for-nexus-rohloff-img02_5.jpg
ke-gp1-rohl-ergon-grip-for-nexus-rohloff-img01_3.jpg

I'm not one for the ergonomic grips. I suppose I could get some cheap rubber grips and cut them to size? If it's possible I like the ease of securing the grips with allen bolts, but in this case, maybe that's not worth messing with.

I'm not one for the ergonomic grips. I suppose I could get some cheap rubber grips and cut them to size? If it's possible I like the ease of securing the grips with allen bolts, but in this case, maybe that's not worth messing with.
You can pick up grip tape intended for tennis rackets, I really like putting it on my hammers and axe handles, it's super grippy, and comes in every color and design. Meant to hold up to hard squeezing and sweat, so on bike grips it should hold, and is cheap to replace.
mZMG9RJzxIo7DRaZjzJUn9w.jpg
images (2).jpg
Camo-overgrip-grip-for-tennis-racket-thin.jpg_350x350.jpg
1-Piece-font-b-Tennis-b-font-Badminton-font-b-Grip-b-font-font-b-Tape.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm building my bike with a NuVinci n171 hub, so I'm going to put the twist shifter on the left. Does anyone know of matching grips I could get that have a 7/8" short grip for the left, and a 1" standard grip for the throttle?
you could cut a bit off your grip to shorten it or mount shifter elsewhere since it isn't often used anyway once a motor is added pic of my bike, but it is raining today, so bad pic)

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 315
you could cut a bit off your grip to shorten it or mount shifter elsewhere since it isn't often used anyway once a motor is added pic of my bike, but it is raining today, so bad pic)
Now that is silly lol... I forgot this person may be using standard drive, no shift kit, if not then a nuvinci or any shift system is pretty irrelevant, my sister left hers in 3rd never touched it since she used the motor almost exclusively.

If you can find some nice soft lock-on grips, it might be possible to get the plastic tube out of the centre of the right grip so that it will fit over the throttle, perhaps? Then you can cut down the left grip and lock it on using the outside allen bolt.
I have not tried it.
I would be interested in seeing how others have done their grips. :)

That's a really neat idea! I'll have to look into that.

These are motorcycle grips that look like I could cut down, but do you know how they would secure to the bars? I don't see an allen head anywhere and it's plastic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-M...m27eff9d2ea:m:mUaCuo4whKFNHbX9tbILHXg&vxp=mtr

Good option, they, like most handle bar grips, slip on with some small effort and stay on due to rubber friction, if your bars are clean when you put them on then they won't come off easily alone. If you are gripping them then they certainly won't come off.

Usually I see a cap if some sort that goes with them, makes the end look nice and on occasion has a lip that helps retain the grip on the bar. Lipped or capped ends don't work on the throttle side since it's covered by the twister plastic. If it's an open end grip it could look gawky.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back