Matt in Colorado signing in

Tom said:
How the hell did you take that first picture!? Must have been dangerous!

What kind of honda is that? Ive got an xl185s, its an old '82, but still runs like a top.

:D One hand on the camera, one on the throttle. Here's a top speed shot :D Its a 1982 XL250R That I bought for $800

27877051-S.jpg

Here's a pic, loaded for a weekend camping trip.

27877093-S.jpg

More at my SmugMug page. http://roundlightknight.smugmug.com/

Mile High Chop-Ped said:
Welcome,
I am in Colorado too. The laws you are referring to apply to mopeds and scooters that are built with engines from the start, not bikes that have had a helper motor added to them. I have never been pulled over on my bikes running gas engines. When I spot the police I just pedal to show it is a bike and wave.

If you talk to the State Police, they will try and tell you that any motor or engine makes the vehicle a motor vehicle and requires at least a class c. I have them stop me and tell me that and I demand my ticket. They never give any. If they did, I would get them in front of a judge and get the same ruling the other 49 states have.

There is no current law that even mentions a Low Speed Electric Bicycle in the CRS laws. The one that they refer to is for the 49cc Motorbike or scooter. They are trying to use Intimidation to force a law that doesn't exist.

WHEN YOU SEE THE COPS COMING...............

Hit the kill switch and pedal your bike..Then..What can they do?
Enjoy the ride...

Not stopped yet..

I too live in Colorado..I have been past at least 400 cops in the past few years...never been stopped. Never....Not yet... anyway... But..I abide by traffic laws and I pedal a lot too. Enjoy the ride

Re: Not stopped yet..

thatsdax said:
I too live in Colorado..I have been past at least 400 cops in the past few years...never been stopped. Never....Not yet... anyway... But..I abide by traffic laws and I pedal a lot too. Enjoy the ride

That seems to be the common beliefs of most cops. But there is always that one. I am trying to get decent state laws concerning Low Speed Electric Bicycles that place some common sense regulation at state level. The current laws were geared towards the 49cc and smaller gas rigs. What we need is laws that mirror the federal Low Speed Electric Bicycle laws like the CRS is for Motor Vehicles. As is in, mirror the Federal Public Law governing Low Speed Electric Bicycles. But I would add an age limit though.

Back