Tires Maxxis Hookworm 2.5?

Rgvkid

Local time
8:37 AM
Im Starting a Build soon and i want to get my rear tire setup first and work from there. Im thinking of the Maxxis Hookworm 26x 2.5. I like the Fat/wide tire for the rear. Was wondering what is the best spot to find a decent price on theses tires? Also, What rim size would fit best? I currently have some beach cruiser wheels but i think the rim is to skinny.

Any tips or links would be appreciated

I think your best bet for a rim size would be 26x2.125.I have the hookworms mounted on this size with no problems.I found a set on the web for $55 shipped a few months back.They are still out of stock...look on Ebay.

Attachments

• DSC00788.JPG
    DSC00788.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 10,844
Thanks Moto,

What Hubs are those and what size spokes are you running?

Are those the 26x 2.5 Hookworms?

Kid, yes 2.5 worms and 12 guage spoke with Sturmey 90mm front drum brake and sturmey internal 5 speed with a 70 mm drum brake

Last edited:
Just recently I bought a barely used set of Maxxis Hookworms on eBay for cheap. These tires are awesome! I also got a set of Kenda DH Schrader valve tubes & they are almost as stout as these tires...for wheels I went with a brand I have had great success with & went with Sun Rhyno Lites & XT hubs also on eBay. To save some coin, check out Niagara Cycles & the CST Cyclops...Its almost the exact same tire as the hookworm only alot less expensive...
-lowracer-

Back