MB Forks on Schwinn Cruiser?

looks like my suspension project is on hold. I had 3 flats in the last week. My rim is **** and the spokes are striped. 2 rim liners, heavy duty tire, and slime is not enough to stop the flats. I just received my new 34 tooth sprocket and now have to track down a rear free wheel with disc break to mount the sucker.

I really wish I had the time to build this bike right. would be nice if the bike shop had a spoke-less rim but I think thats asking too much.

hey 5-7, do you have any pics of your fork setup? I can at least do the leg work and research the parts till next payday. Would be nice to see an existing build before I get too far invested.

any update on Mountain bike forks on a 1" neck tubed cruiser?

with my 9" tall 1" neck tube, I think I am stuck to making my own springer of sorts, if I want suspension. maybe the 1/2" suspension pantourhub will be worth it.

is the pantourhub that front wheel hub thingy that moves? I think I want to try that gadget before a springer then add a springer if needed.

I just bought a new rear wheel, over $150 for the stupid thing. It's sad to think I have put more money into my bike then the thing was worth. Owell, next is the suspension upgrade.

I'm thinking it would of been better to build this thing on a mountain bike in the first place. Live and learn.

I have had the same thoughts, simply because the neck tube size, and because the welds and strength of my diamond back frame, just absolutely trumps the quality of my new cruiser. Not to mention, MTB parts are so easily obtained, and there are millions of variations for everything. with cruisers, all they have is generic springers, and those wont fit my 9 inch neck tube anyway! haha.

remember, pantourhub: 1/2 inch is for rim brakes, the 1 inch is for disc brakes or no brakes.

Back