mb freindly states

I've not yet been bothered in Washington... Only was told to wear a helmet ten years ago with my first one. Ride sane and not pulling childish stunts in the streets, and they (the MAN) have better things to worry about...

You know,after looking at Alaskavan's rocket sled,I would have to say Alaska is probably the friendliest state there is.

Today I was on the sidewalk entering the bike trail. On the bike trail I passed a cop in a cop car. I waved at him,engine running and on the sidewalk. He waved back.
There's just not enough of these bikes out here right now....I wonder how it would be if this becomes common,though.

Last edited by a moderator:
...round here, i havent been harassed or anythin... i just turn off my motor when passing peeps ESPICALLY WITH DOGS geesh had a dog get off o the leash once.... and according to my local bike shop all theyll do the 1st time is give ya a warning... (bike shop guy rides to work on a whizzer)

I stay on the road, so I haven't had a problems. Also, my bike-cycle is nearly legal, (49cc...well, more tha 2hp and speed over 20, but...) I don't expect problems.

BTW- what bike shop do you use?

So far in Kentucky I've had nothing but people grin and say "Hey ... that looks neat ..did ya build it yourself?" .. I cut through campus (I live right by Murray State) and when i get ready to hit the sidewalk i just cut the engine and pedal .. There is always campus security around in cars or walking and i've had no problems ..

The police have not really paid me any attention ... Once i get my current problems situated on the bike i may try it on a longer trip and see what happens. But as far as i know i'm the only one in this town.

cental florida is cool all-around. stay off the side walks. be polite to hikers. wave and smile. stay under or at the speed of traffic. cop clocked me at 35 in a thirty, waved me over just to show me.

wich state has the best mb laws?

thanks to az rep. tom prezelski (he wrote the laws concerning MB regulations), AZ has the best. no DL, registration or ins.
tom rides MB's.

rhode island only requires registration, but we get to go 30mph, as opposed to AZ 20mph max

page 4 of this doc---> http://www.docstoc.com/docs/17297235/STATE-OF-RHODE-ISLAND
shows a DL is not needed

EDIT: ive never registered any of my personal bikes here, but from this thread----> http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=13009 it appears they have a guy in a Catch-22

Last edited:
New Mexico is so cool i've ridden along I-25, no problem. Actually my MB has gotten me out of a couple of busts for other offenses, the police were so fascinated.

In Massachusetts they let us have everything, Mopeds, Motorized Bicycles, even pocket bikes and other tiny motorcycles. Mopeds = no more than 30MPH and Pocket Bikes no more than 20. but they can be driven in the street.

With all the reading about different states I feel that Alabama has to be on the top. 14 and 15 year olds a permit and helmet required. 16 and above no restriction other then 150cc max, no speed limit on the motored bike (just posted limit), no registration, no tag, no inspection, no insurance, no license, no helmet (Although at 62 I wear one 99% of the time), road legal (no interstate travel) and with headlight and tail light..night legal...What more could one ask for?...beat that!!

New Mexico is so cool i've ridden along I-25, no problem. Actually my MB has gotten me out of a couple of busts for other offenses, the police were so fascinated.

FYI...New Mexico
18.31.3.8 NMAC TRANSPORTATION MODES PROHIBITED FROM INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS

A. Equestrians, pedestrians, other non-motorized vehicles and low-power motor vehicles, such as motor scooters and all-terrain vehicles, are prohibited from using any interstate highway right-of-way for transportation or recreation purposes. Such interstate highways shall be signed appropriately.

B. Bicyclists are prohibited from using any interstate highway right-of-way for transportation or recreation purposes within the boundaries of cities with a population of 50,000 or more. Bicyclists are also prohibited from using any interstate highway right-of-way deemed inappropriate by the Secretary of Highways or his or her designee. Interstate highways prohibited for use by bicyclists shall be signed appropriately.

Last edited:
Back