MB Hybrid

Well my kit came. I wanted to put it on my mountian bike but had
frame clearance issues. So I dusted off my old ZAP bike and now I
have the Prius of MBs. LOL. Gas for the road and electric for the bike paths.
Here it is!!
A

Attachments

• hybrid.JPG
    hybrid.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 650
way to go, outstanding! how much does it weigh? if you could power a trickel charger while on gas it would even be closer to a prius. congratulations! call mechanix illustrated, they might do a spread.

please, i am serious about the magazine!! your idea could turn on other ideas and people in the thousands. just submit some good pics. with an explanation and approximate cost and benefits. you could be the next poupil pocket fisherman, and you only need sell plans. wat an oppertunity.

Will the Zap motor charge your battery when your GEBE is running?
This is an amazing example for it doesn't look at all bulky.
BRAVO.

Thats an excellent TRIbrid you have there. If you coordinated controls between leg, gas, and electro power that thing could accelerate like crazy, uphill would pull really hard too.
I would bet with the right brushed electric motor and controller regen is possible and probably fairly easy to mod.
I like it MORE PICS!

Boy, howdy!

I like the way you think. Got me too brainstorming something fierce. Why not take a mini-generator, say the Briggs & Stratton 1532, and stat modding? Decouple the generator from the engine, swing it thru 90 degrees, mount it to a common baseplate, with an electromagnetic clutch mounted on the engine crank, to a same size pulley on the generator shaft? This allows the footprint to go from being an elongated rectangle, to being basically square. Frame it above the generator so you can mount a jackshaft, second electromagnetic clutch on the engine crank out board of the generator clutch (switched so that one or the other, but never both clutches) can be engaged to drive a jackshaft (maybe make the jackshaft from a modified Shimano 3-speed hub), then either chain drive to your rear wheel, or whizzer drive? Set up one of those RC type high power electric motors e-clutched to the jackshaft for when you want to use strictly electric drive, with LiPO batteries to maximize power density while minimizing battery weight.

I bet it can done for about a 40-50 lb weight package, and a dimensional requirement that will fit in a slightly stretched bike frame.

Back