MB-Pioneer or MB-Rebel?

Are You an MB-Pioneer or MB-Rebel?

• Total voters

augidog

Local time
8:35 AM
we've been at this long enough now to have a good look at this "demographic"...

when you buy, build, and ride, do you consider yourself a Pioneer or a Rebel?

or a little of both?

personally, i feel like a rebel...but i think it's because i feel so much like a pioneer.

Last edited:
due to the very favorable vehicle code in Indiana i feel i have the previledge of "pioneering".

there's no real satisfaction in being a "rebel" when there isn't much to push against. LOL

steve

A Pioneer in the fact that I build bikes, sell kits and promote a form of light transportation that is inexpensive, fun and conserves fuel. Maybe it'll become more popular and *gasp* even mainstream. I am not rebelling against big oil or anything when I ride my bike.

I'm definitely not a rebel. Heck, I ride (and drive) like our grandfathers.

Since I'm the first one in my neighborhood to build one of these, I guess I consider myself a pioneer.

But since I didn't do the hard part (the engineering) and I merely put the things together, "pioneer" might be going too far.

So I guess I'll think of myself as an honorary pioneer. That works.

definitly pure rebel for me. I always look at people that peddle their bikes and think " ha....go ahead and peddle yer a** off...i got a motor on my bike." i don't buy into the "go green" idea much....give me good old gas and oil smoke over electricity any day.
i'm a hot rodder, a mechanic, a painter, a fabricator and i like to build stuff that the average joe doesn't have or has never seen before.
i like to do things in unorthodox ways sometimes...like making something cool out of something that the average joe would see as being scrap.

Perhaps a little of both, I've always prefered 'The Path less traveled'.

Life there is more interesting and rewarding.

To be a pioneer you have to be somewhat of a rebel, being a rebel doesn't guarantee you're a pioneer.

I am the first motoredbiker in my town, so I guess that makes me a pioneer
I set a local precedent at court for mb's as well, 'nuther for the pioneer side

most importantly, I try to make their first impression of a MB, A GOOD ONE,,, the opposite of rebel :)
oh man...I must be getting old !!! LOL :cool:

Back in the early 80's with my first motorized bicycle I felt like a pioneer. Now days in California, it is easy to feel like a rebel.

Must have motorcycle license.
Must be registered.
Most all these motors are illegal in that they are not CARB approved.

Here we try to say the motor is only an assist, and therefore not a motor vehicle. The state says "NO".

You need to take a drivers test and your motorized bicycle must be insured. I have never personally looked into it but have been told you can not get insurance on these motorized bicycles.

I would not want to ask about, turn signals, horn, stop light or proper head and tail lights.

I have a motorcycle license which I have had for years, but I think the state is wrong. I think they should be looked on as bicycles. We who assemble and ride these motorized bicycles should also build and ride them as a bicycle and not try to make them into a motorcycle.

The exception to the above is an electric bike with peddles and not go over 20 mph is exempt from all the above.

Well, after writing this, I see I am also a rebel. Most my bikes are not CARB approved ( the Golden Eagle With the japanese 35cc motor may be the only exception). One bicycle will do almost 70 mph, (so much for the no motorcycle statement) and none are registered. I do ride them as a fast bicycle (18-25 mph),and obey traffic laws and try not to up set people with the way I ride ( I don't want to get hit with a shovel).

In the 28 or so years that I hae been tinkering and riding these motorized bicycles, no police officer has ever stopped or even questioned me. I saw a couple look my way and smile. I have been flagged down by many people just to learn more about this interesting little machine and how they could get one. I suppose being a rebel under some control is not that bad.

Well, those are my thoughts, right or wrong.

Bill Snow

Pure Rebel!

I'm always a pioneer... but I'm a pioneer for rebellious reasons. So I'm 100% rebel. Plus I'm from Mississippi. So make that 110% rebel.

Back