MB Rider Hit by Car, now in Hospital

will_start

Local time
2:04 PM
This really inforces the safety issues of these bikes --always wear a helmet--watch your mirrors--if you can't keep up with traffic pull over--have flashing lights-bright clothing and do not take chances -plan your routes on the least travelled roads.

Does the article cover two accidents?

55 year old and a 37 year old cyclist......

One crossing six lanes of traffic, and one going the wrong way in the breakdown lane.

Am I missing something?

Yes, it covers two accidents...
I know that intersection. Its an 80 km/hr road.
It must have been a really big move he was trying.
The thing is, there are bike lanes in this area,
so he didn't need to be on the road.

Last edited:
will_start, is that in today's Mercury?
I'm in the Illawarra, in Nowra. I don't usually read the Mercury, but I'll soon get a copy.
When I have to cross that many lanes, I use a pedestrian crossing. I ride a lot on the Prince's highway, but don't take any risks. We have bike paths here too.
Helmets aren't a bad idea, either.

I thought that you were in Sydney, but you're just up the road.

... Steve

Last edited:
will_start, is that in today's Mercury?
... Steve

Yeah it should be in it today, I read the Illawarra Mockery online.
I thought the Illawarra region stopped at Kiama ? Nowra is a good 40k's from Kiama.

I work in Sydney live in the Gong...I just say Sydney, as to this International audience its well known...

Last edited:
I just had to pull out the map and check the borders. I don't take too much notice of political boundaries. Technically, you're correct, this is the Shoalhaven. The Mercury is still one of our local papers, though and around the area it depends on where you look - some signs say Illawarra and some say Shoalhaven.
I'm off to grab a copy for my scrap-book.

... Steve

I almost got hit in shell beach last weekend... the guy was drunk. I saw him pull into the liquor store and stumble out.

I almost stopped and called the cops... but didn't feel like wasting my time and going through the hassle.

BE ALERT..... its worth repeating so I will type it again... BE ALERT!!!!

It could save your life.

I almost got hit in shell beach last weekend... the guy was drunk. I saw him pull into the liquor store and stumble out.

I almost stopped and called the cops... but didn't feel like wasting my time and going through the hassle.

BE ALERT..... its worth repeating so I will type it again... BE ALERT!!!!

It could save your life.
Wasting your time might save your life, someone elses or maybe the drunks.
I have no remorse for drunk drivers.

Last edited:
Back