Mb09 Ride Out Tampa Bay ??

Count me in any weekend!!!

Attachments

• !cid_media1.jpg
    !cid_media1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 407
Sounds really nice..
But I don't think we'd be allowed to ride the trails motored.
Usually park bike trails are specific on no motor vehicles.

I would think an urban cruise, Like maybe Ybor, Channelside,
Davis Island, Downtown, and SoHo, all on a Saturday with minimal traffic
after the holidays have gone by. (maybe reverse that order) Like, maybe the 3rd week of January.
Nice stops in a few places. Posted limits are mostly 30-35.
There's a similar route like it in St. Pete but includes
more beach time, weather permitting of course. Start at the Vinoy
and from downtown, do a crosstown loop down Central and hit Treasure, then down to Pass A Grille
before the loop back. Great street market downtown St. Pete on a Saturday. The bikes would get alot of "wow" time.

Just a thought, but I really don't care as long as we're ridin'.
'BrettMavriK

Last edited:
Check with the Florida Park & Recreation Dept.
Last time I looked into anything from the Pinellas Trail to any State Park Bike/Walk Path, there is Absolutely NO Motorized Vehicles Allowed. There really isn't any other choice than to ride the streets. That's what I built my bike for is urban street cruising and beach runs. I may even commute to work after awhile. I would want to do at least a 10-15 mile run, stopping at various points of interest along the way. I kinda want to "go" somewhere, not be in a park setting. That's the whole point for me.

'BrettMavriK

At the park listed they have a 7 mile road that loops thru the park, with picnic and barbque facilities, and I thought it would be safer than riding in traffic.

I'm with Brett on the urban riding thing, don't forget that one of the most fun aspects of an organized ride is the look on people's faces when we swarm the streets.

I want to do it, and I'll ride all the way from Lakeland to Tampa to do it!!!

Keep the thread active, and we can come up with a place to ride!

If you folks wanted to consider Lakeland, there is a Van Fleet State trail. It's not normally for motorized vehicles, but I doubt a few motored bikes would be a problem, it's in the middle of nowhere.

Back