MBc Bike Of The Month-September '07

ok, guys, i think we've settled down enough to get this bad baby back on track...i'll warn you now if the entry procedure isn't followed, you will miss out...my inbox is packed lately...

----------------------------------------------
MotoredBikes.com Bike Of The Month Rules:

one entry per member

member must be active & have an "introduce yourself" thread

entry must be a power-assisted-bicycle
(i.e. power-assist and functioning pedals...sorry, but B-o-M has to be a full-blown MB)

entry must be owned by the member

any one owner/member may only win once in any calendar-year

to enter (pay attention, please)

send only one full-bike side-shot to augidog@motoredbikes.com

use bike of the month entry as the subject line
(i have a filter to put the entries into a special folder, if it's not in the folder, you're not entered)

include your MBc username in the message body
(no username, no entry)

i will be accepting entries until midnight (pacific time) on thursday, august 16th

voting will begin on monday, august 20th, and run until midnight (pacific time) on thursday, august 30th

the winning MotoredBike will be placed in our top banner for the month of september, and the owner will receive a graphic "trophy" to keep forever & ever 8)

-----------------------------------------------

alright, motoredbikaholics...show us whatcha got!!!

-----------------------------------------------
EDIT: i'm hearing of email error messages, if you get one, then PM me your entry using the same subject-line

well, i think i just figured sumpin out...or it's lack of sleep, whatever.

when BoM started, we had about 20-25 basic happy-times and a few wild-ones, & a coupla e's, maybe a rack mount. we would get 4 entries, basic builds, the chopper would win. cool. fun.

but MBc has exploded recently, & best part is the new diversity that came with it..."bike of the month" has taken on a whole new meaning...the super-commuter, the mountain-climber, the suspended rack-mount to die for, hybrids, e-drives built for speed and/or distance...chainsaws, weedeaters, stump-grinders, generators all donating their vital organs to "assist" a bicycle...and let's not forget the groovy choppers...every one of the motoredbikes at MBc is someone's bike of the month at one time or another.

so, let's turn this into a discussion of what that means to MBc Bike Of The Month...no, this won't be a boxing match between "classes" but rather a meeting of the minds.

i'll make a suggestion, well, 2 different ones, then ask for your suggestions:

1- maybe a Bike-o-Month based on nomination by another MBc member could be a social plus and fortify the "all for one" 'tude we like to maintain.

2- we could do away with B-o-M and go with a random bike up top when you open MBc. this would require time from tom, so will take quite a while...if it occurred at all, i should add.

let's talk...

From what I have seen in the past classes/categories don't seem to work. The rules have to be very specific and the bikes ALWAYS seem to be the gray area. When you start to break it down it just seems to go into a death spiral and people seem to get upset with the situation. I suppose we could try it for a few months and see how it works here.

Augi,

Should a poll be started?

Dan

I know of another forum where every time you open a new window a new image appears at the top of the screen (there's only a handful)

But I like the idea of the BOM being up there better.

dan, chopper, thanks...i don't think it'll ever take off as is, if the field of choices doesn't reflect our spectrum of styles, bike of the month won't truly represent MBc.

but we'll complete this month's contest as planned and continue to ask for input.

i think no polls till we have enuff community input (usually surprisingly lacking considering our numbers) and viable choices...

we could also...in the future...

elect a committee of diverse builders/riders to silently choose "new arrival" of the month...?

Is there a gallery of past Bikes of the Month? Could have a Bike of the Year out of the monthly winners? Might get the competative juices flowing.

van, those are logical steps, yeah buddy...the whole thing's so new, heck, we're still new...this is all by seat-of-pants engineering...

i see MotoredBikes.com calendars by next year, maybe just free printables to spread the word even further...

mostly, whatever MBc wants to do, MBc can do...but without adequate staffing, we can only do so much at a time...

i think this is all we've done up to now...

june: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5367

april/may: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4773

january: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4167

we have 9 entries, & one ineligible...please read the rules and send one to the proper address with the proper subject line...i'm too busy to go searching for pics and usernames.

Perhaps you guys should take it as a compliment. Your rides are sooo slick. Who can compete? It'd be like entering my sister in the Miss America pageant.

Back