MBc EDIT: for entertainment only...

798_DSC00240_1.jpg

798_DSC00241_1.jpg

798_DSC00244_1.jpg

Does it change the engines performance? Plus, where did you buy your headlight? It looks exactly like a cheapie Scwinn one from Target. I cut the plastic triangle pattern off mine. What is powering it? Mine runs off the generator right now and is MUCH brighter than yours.

the power with the new muffler is amasing i love the way it sounds. kinda like a motorcycle and better airflow it keeps just enough back pressure and just lets enough air out i could tell the stock mufflers are not good it just restricts so much air with the stock the one i have on its perfect i would recogmend it for more power trust me i did a wheelie real easy with this one . and yes that is a chepie schwinn light i got from target mine is powering off of two cell batteries in my box on the back of the bike i had to put better lights to hold the volts of the batteries. i need to get new batteries thats why it is not so bright.

well my ol friend gave me a free sit down ride moped it had nothing on it except a motor frame and tires and exaust. so i took the exaust off of it cuz it looked like it would fit nicely. i choped off the old muffler and welded the flang for the new muffler on to the old pipe. i had to gring a little bit of my peddal to let it pass the muffler freely. most moped scooters have a muffler like the one i got so look for on i recogmend it 110 percent :D

What did you weld it with?
Joe, keep an eye out on eBay, you can usually find those type of mufflers pretty cheap.

You can also make one for next to nothing if you have a rivet gun and thin sheet aluminum.

You could also get an improvement in performance if you open up the stock muffler all the way by removing the baffle completely.

You have to watch your carburation once you open it up, or if you put on and aftermarket can like Jeff's.

Finally, it's not so much the muffler, it's optimizing the distance from the cylinder port to the can...longer is good for higher RPM and shorter is better for lower RPM. These engines are relatively slow turning.

joe i did remove my baffle out of my old muffler it did do some improvement but nothing as good as the one i got now plus the old one was loud and annoying if you opend it. the one i have is like a muffler but its straight all the way through so really good airflow. when i put it on my carb was running real rich so i gave it 1 1/2 turns and it runs real nice now. next im going to boost my gas up to 91 or mabey 100 octane and get a different airfilter. ill keep you guys posted and tell you how it gose.

and joe i welded it with just a gas welder :)

There's no real difference with this kind of mufflers...for 2-stroke they are _crap_.
Decent expansion chamber is far better.

Jeff- raising the octane will only be a waste of money, so go ahead and do it.

Also, for the hundredth time....that magic screw you keep turning to change all manner of things will in reality only change THE FRIGGIN' IDLE SPEED!!!!

Back