MBc Product Review: GEBE "Eagle/Velocity" Wheels

G

gone_fishin

As part of an ongoing project (a build based on a diamondback & the tanaka33)
I've been working with Den at GEBE on a custom motoredbike wheelset.

They arrived yesterday and they are nice!

And...Den was so impressed with the results that (i think) he's added them to his line.
They're not listed on the site yet, but you can call to inquire.

Front:
MVC-064F.JPGMVC-068F.JPG
Velocity "Triple V" Rim
Sturmey-Archer X-FD Drum Brake (w/trim-kit)
14g SS spokes, 3-cross

Rear:
MVC-067F.JPGMVC-066F.JPG
Velocity "Triple V" Rim
Shimano CB-E110 Coaster Brake (w/trim-kit)
12g SS spokes, 4-cross
(optional) HTD Drive Ring, epoxied-install

Well-packed. Quality Equipment, Light & Strong.

Sorry, but it will be a while before i can report on real-time testing. I think we all know what to expect, tho.

On a personal note:
I've added Hutchinson "Acrobat" tires & Quality-Tubes thorn resistant tubes. You wouldn't believe me if I told you how fast I expect to be going :eek:

Wait'll you see what we do with this one...
MVC-069F.JPG
but that's for another time & topic ;)

augidog, what size are the wheels? 26"? also cost for the set? I am starting my first build (pics. will come later) but starting to look for a set of wheels, 26" with front drum brake, coaster rear. Those wheels look nice. I checked the web site and could not find them listed.

Thanks for posting and any info.

Regards,
Dave Beck

hi, dave :)

26" Velocity-Australia "Triple-V" Rims, built by Velocity-USA for Golden Eagle.

you couldn't ask for much better a universal-MB-wheelset, that's 50 miles of riding doing the talking, 3 other riders agree...

the quickest path to your answers is to call the guys directly...den always seems to find time to talk about anything MB...he's no elitist, and is the main driving force behind our efforts to bring a professional class of motoredbiking to the salt flats...if you tell him you'd like to inquire into the wheelset you saw at MotoredBikes.com, i promise you a warm reception :cool:

he will have it built with whatever you like, which is how this one got started...i asked for these specific hubs...prices would be dependant on component choices, but i think he may be considering a fixed price on this wheelset as reviewed...again, best to get the answer direct, tho.

Back