Meet in Portland, IN! July 11-14/07

Are you gonna be there?

• I really hope so.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If I have to drag my bike through tar for 40 days and 40 nights I'll be there!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There is a scheduled early bird slow ride for mopeds, Whizzers, Solexs, etc. (1:00 PM Wednesday) Also, a faster ride for Cushmans, Vespas, Customs etc. (1:30 PM Wednesday). A fun ride for everyone is held on Thursday at 4:00 PM. How about a dedicated day, afteroon, or evening ride for our forum? I have participated in several rides over the years (10 year member) and they are fun. Usually one of the Vintage Motorbike Club member's film the beginning of the Thursday fun ride. Some of the rides have over 150 bikes.

It woulld be great to film our own ride filled with just motorized bikes like on this forum. Maybe it could be called the Econo Cruiser Ride, the Tool Time Web Riders Ride, or Motor-Bicycles.Com Ride.

Opps! I forgot to mention there are motor bike rides on Thrusday and Friday at 10:00 AM.

I just voted...... "I really hope so." I don't have time for all that tar dragging. I'm thinking amtrack, too. gonna start looking into it. I'm about 100 miles south of kansas city. (my closest amtrack station) sure sounds like fun.
dave

Awesome.
My hopped up engine arrived yesterday and as soon as the snow melts, the temps warm up to a workable degree, and I finish the new plumbing (from all the bursts in the antique pipes), I'll be getting back on that ol' project to ride there.
BTW- I've been trying to post, but the computer kicks back to the main forum page. This is the first time in a few days I've been able to post. Is it my computer, or...
I've done some stuff and was wondering if I had messed up something that I needed to do that.
Maybe not though since this is working...
Hmmmm...
Rif :)

My computer has been doing the same thing. I tried different brower software and it happened on all of them. I found that if I logout, and the try to post I am sent to the login box. After logging in again here, I could post. If I try to post when already logged in, I just keep getting dumped into the index page.

I need a website for this thing....

I'd like to finagle FOX news up to the shindig, Chris Montana has a pilots license, maybe I could bungee cord a bike to his wing, get a head start on a Minnesota run before or after....

I wonder if I can get my trike running in time to take it down there. :devilish:
I'm closer than most people at only 114 miles.

I got my work cut out for me :D

gawd it's coming up fast, and I still haven't finished the bike!
Hopefully next tuesday it'll be cranked over for the first time, and test run.
There's just a couple of little things left to do, and then Tuesday the wiring harness, so...
it looks like I'll be leaving on the 3rd rather than the first which cuts the time a little but if the bike performs like we are hoping, I'll be bustin' days through nights rolling hard, long, and fast.
Like the song says, "we got a long way to go and a short time to get there... Eastbound and down...!"
LOL
this is so gonna rock!!!
Later guys I gota get back to work on this ol' thing,
Rif

I thought you would already be on the road, Rif.

I'm leaning toward being wishy washy until July 4, then in a flurry, jump on Rocinante and be in Tennessee. From there, its " might as well, might as well" and go on up.

Spur of the moment, makes up for fretting.

I sure wish the organizers would get on the forum with info and invites.

Back