Memphis TN or nearby

recumbentbill;The area I like to ride can easily make for a 60m plus ride if i want covering north shelby county west of high way 51 on up into tipton county and with a brief ride headed north on 51 leaving Covington I can head into Lauderdale county going through Henning on the east side of 51 or heading west to ft pillow civil war park. From the Ft Pillow said:
Sounds great. I use to know the lady who ran the Gift shop at the old Drummons Post Office. Do you take your wife along? I'm careful not to tie in with the motor crazy crowd that fills the internet with the chinese setups trying to get to outrageous speeds. LOL Sadist thing in the world are those clips demonstrating a bike doing 30-50 mph on a neighborhood street. Shessh!

Special Note; I've observed your cautious attitude for the Greenline and rightfully so. Just a matter of time for a mugging in my opinion. But I also have the same concerns for your north Shelby county roads for both the teenage punk rounding corners in a 4X4 or stumbling on to a methlab or other criminal activity. Your thoughts please?

Perhaps there is safety in numbers.

PS sounds like you have 3 rides. Are there some pictures?

Last edited:
green belt and shelby forest

Sounds great. I use to know the lady who ran the Gift shop at the old Drummons Post Office. Do you take your wife along? I'm careful not to tie in with the motor crazy crowd that fills the internet with the chinese setups trying to get to outrageous speeds. LOL Sadist thing in the world are those clips demonstrating a bike doing 30-50 mph on a neighborhood street. Shessh!

Special Note; I've observed your cautious attitude for the Greenline and rightfully so. Just a matter of time for a mugging in my opinion. But I also have the same concerns for your north Shelby county roads for both the teenage punk rounding corners in a 4X4 or stumbling on to a methlab or other criminal activity. Your thoughts please?

Perhaps there is safety in numbers.

PS sounds like you have 3 rides. Are there some pictures?

Ive got pictures scattered in the picture gallery. Unsafe-----yeh these days crime is every where. Ive been mugged,run off the road, had beer bottles thrown at me from passing car /trucks. I refuse to let it bother me. I just keep on truckin at a under 30mph speed.
Just rode the Greenline today[pedal powered Recumbent] round trip is 14.6 miles my trip was closer to 17[veered off the trail for awhile]. Finally Memphis has done something right when it comes to bike trails. Really a nice paved trail. The bridge that spans the Wolf River is extra nice. I will be uploading the pics to photo bucket soon and a video to youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
MB'er from Millington

Originally from Midtown. Have been MBiking on and off since the 60's. Both
gas and electric. front and rear friction. Frame and rack mounts. Most recent bikes I have are Tanaka/Gebe,Staton/Tanaka40cc and at present a Huffy Cranbrook with 49cc Haungshin in frame:helmet: Nice ride area in my:helmet: neck of the woods[Shelby Forest]

MB'er from Millington

Originally from Midtown. Have been MBiking on and off since the 60's. Both
gas and electric. front and rear friction. Frame and rack mounts. Most recent bikes I have are Tanaka/Gebe,Staton/Tanaka40cc and at present a Huffy Cranbrook with 49cc Haungshin in frame:helmet: Nice ride area in my:helmet: neck of the woods[Shelby Forest]
Hello
I live in Tipton county and recently built huffy with 2 stroke and would lik to ride at Shelby forest or anywhere in the area.

Back