Meridian Trike Ideas

Sinfull

Local time
1:36 AM
Been kinda curious about the Schwinn meridian trikes, mainly rear axle strength and limits.

Have a 171cc Gy6 from a past Ruckus build, thinking of rear mount engine with sprocket welded or keyed to rear gy6 axle, chained to meridian rear axle.

CVT Trans would give me some gearing, question is can a meridian one wheel drive handle the 171cc ??

On a heavy Ruckus frame and 12×6 fat tire topped out at 70ish depending on road and other conditions.

Can a aluminum meridian be able to handle this or would I need some reinforcement ??

Also if the one wheel wonder could handle this, what tooth sprocket would I want to start with ?? I have the gearing from the free bike I can use, so a full gearset to choose from.
Other thing is can a bicycle chain handle it or would I need to upgrade pretty much the whole chain drive and axle ??

Just brainstorming before I order a meridian trike

Been kinda curious about the Schwinn meridian trikes, mainly rear axle strength and limits.

Have a 171cc Gy6 from a past Ruckus build, thinking of rear mount engine with sprocket welded or keyed to rear gy6 axle, chained to meridian rear axle.

CVT Trans would give me some gearing, question is can a meridian one wheel drive handle the 171cc ??

On a heavy Ruckus frame and 12×6 fat tire topped out at 70ish depending on road and other conditions.

Can a aluminum meridian be able to handle this or would I need some reinforcement ??

Also if the one wheel wonder could handle this, what tooth sprocket would I want to start with ?? I have the gearing from the free bike I can use, so a full gearset to choose from.
Other thing is can a bicycle chain handle it or would I need to upgrade pretty much the whole chain drive and axle ??

Just brainstorming before I order a meridian trike
I would go with a 56-60 tooth sprocket, with a cvt & 60 tooth sprocket I can get 48mph out of my custom hand built mini chopper. I got a gy6 I'm doing a similar project with a huffy trike, but I'm going 3/4" live axle with center diff with worksman 3/4keyed cargo bike wheels. I'm pretty sure your aluminum meridian will not stand the power & torque your big bore gy6 puts out. I would get a steel trike of some kind.

Well I did order the meridian today, curiosity got the better of me. Fortunately I can weld aluminum, and rear is supposed to be steel, guess I will see what happens lol

If anything I guess I can try the 50cc from the icebear first, or go straight insanity. 94cc malossi RC1 from last years Aprilia scooter, bottom mount Piaggio cases. Would make mounting easier but a finicky high strung, high maintenance engine like the RC1 may be to much headache.

Well I did order the meridian today, curiosity got the better of me. Fortunately I can weld aluminum, and rear is supposed to be steel, guess I will see what happens lol

If anything I guess I can try the 50cc from the icebear first, or go straight insanity. 94cc malossi RC1 from last years Aprilia scooter, bottom mount Piaggio cases. Would make mounting easier but a finicky high strung, high maintenance engine like the RC1 may be to much headache.
Really Mallossi RC1 too much!!! No way !!! Lmfao. I've been dreaming of buying 1 of them RC1 or the billet cnc minarelli cases from Italy. The billet cases are like $2800-$3200 depending on how you spec it out & what extra parts you order with it. Pics of your RC1 powered scoot please!!! You must be a rich b*****d!!! Lol🤣🤪😂 Wish I was a rich b*****d!!!

Rich, I wish. Mine came from Scooter swap shop last year, on sale lol and I they did the assembly for me. Will post pics of it.

Honestly I wish I didn't buy it, thing is very high strung and slightest changes in temp means constantly messing with the carb. Needs a big pipe to run right and that means loud loud and loud. High rpm screamer not for daily putting around.

But it was on sale, lowest price ever, free assembly, buy now, so I did lol 😆

Rich, I wish. Mine came from Scooter swap shop last year, on sale lol and I they did the assembly for me. Will post pics of it.

Honestly I wish I didn't buy it, thing is very high strung and slightest changes in temp means constantly messing with the carb. Needs a big pipe to run right and that means loud loud and loud. High rpm screamer not for daily putting around.

But it was on sale, lowest price ever, free assembly, buy now, so I did lol 😆
Lol I had the money to buy this year when they were running there special. But bought enough stuff 2 build 4-5 bikes instead. Plus I built me a honda af05e too, just to play around with. I knew the RC1 would be finicky, basically there a factory race engine. They claim 18-19hp out of the box, 22-26hp with porting & fine tuning.

Yep, cool just to have but useless in real world. Love the af's, always loved the Dio's. Got sidetracked with the Ruckus and the Chuck last couple yrs, but now they are all the same and boring, why I turned to bicycle, new different and each one is unique

Back