Mesa, AZ - Loop 202 Freeway Grand opening

datz510

Local time
11:47 PM
I was thinking about taking my motored bike down to the grand opening ceremony on Loop 202 between Power Rd. and University Rd. They are having the grand opening thing on July 15th:

http://www.azdot.gov/Highways/valley_freeways/Loop_202/Red_Mountain/Loop202Opening/index.asp

They will be having a bike ride down the freeway from Power Road to University that day... I've always wanted to ride my motored bike on the freeway!

Date: July 15, 2008
Time: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. MST

(between Power Road and University Drive)

Event Schedule:
Details will be provided as they become available.

Event Map:
Underway
Public parking entrance will be located at McDowell Road and Loop 202.

Attractions:
Opening Ceremony and Ribbon Cutting
ADOT 5K Fun Run/Bike Ride
ADOT Road Show

Any local phoenix guys up for making a showing?

me n azvinnie hope to make the opening, but my niece is flying in from Niagara falls that day, so the timing may suck
I will keep you informed (I would like to meet another local MBc'er :D other than Zev0 :LOL:)

az

hi guys, i live in tempe az i was thinkng about getting one of these bikes. just wondering if anyone wants to give me some tips/ help on how or what to get:cool: thx sente. troyhouser@gmail.com

I have beeen busy the last week or so and haven't been at the pc or the forum, but, I am still planning on going with azvinnie and maybe a electric trike if we can figure out how to transport them all
it looks like they're shutting the southbound for parking at 4pm the actual official ride starts at 515...I wanna cruise it a few times while waiting :D:D

I'll have to see how I'm feeling that day. Since my original post, I herniated a disc in my back, so I may not be able to ride just yet. Definitely getting better now, but not well enough to jump on my current MB. I may show up just to meet the other motored bikers and watch the fun from afar.

btw, sente, I sent you an email.. check it out. Before long, us local motored bikers are gonna be a pretty big group!

Last edited:
Wow!!! Lots of people were there. Nice to meet you azbill and vinnie. Lenny and I showed up and found hundreds of people riding the freeway. The few of us were the only motored bikers out there and got lots of questions about the bikes by people interested in them.

Overall, I think the Motored bikes were well received. No hassles from the law. We kept it civil and rode carefully... I had fun talking with all the curious folks we met out there. Overall, I had a blast!!

My back hurts now after the 20 miles I put on the bike, even after changing the seat height and handlebars to try to straighten my posture & wearing a tight back brace. So, back to the couch and bed I go for a while. At least the Dr gave me some good painkillers. :D

Last edited:
What a party, and meeting some long time Motored Bikers was worth it with no crowd. We made plans to have more fun in the future.

it was nice meeting lenny n datz
we took 4 bikes.... mine, vinnie's, and the 2 electric trikes :)
lots of interest but not much in the way of media
it was nice riding on 'virgin' rubberized pavement tho :D

Back