message to beginners

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Here are the drawings, please use them we are here to share and make things CHEAPER ... and we all know cheap is good ...

note the hubclamp is made from PIPE & plate And the inside of that pipe machined to be just a bit bigger then the hub .... note I use 2 m6 nuts between the rear sprocket and that hub bracket for setting the rear sprocket all around the same ... Works perfectly ... It's a pAiN to install though ....

I use 3M tape between all the connection points, strong as bull shat stuff,

Note also that the stock exhaust does not fit with this bracket, so I made a flexible exhaust hose .... The exhaust gasses spray the chain with 2-stroke oil so I do not need to oil my chain any more ....

View attachment 73426 View attachment 73427 View attachment 73428 View attachment 73429
This is great I'll say that at the least, but the problem is not many people have access to machining equipment or welding equipment at a fair price. I'm fortunate enough to have either the skill or equipment/people available to me who/which can make these simple feats actually simple. This is why people will buy your "product" simply because it's not possible to get them otherwise at a good price if any price (think Joe schmo living in the middle of no where and he's only good at growing vegetables and so is everyone he knows)

I mean I COULD work up the means to get a set of mounts like yours, heck I don't even need your drawings it's a practical self forwarding idea that I could draw up half drunk in a strip club if I wanted those drawings bad enough, perhaps with a bit more pizazz thrown into it for looks, but I would much rather see you benefit from the idea knowing firmly you know exactly what to do without thinking about it and it will work, and all I have to do is pay you for it. Meanwhile that frees up my strip club/drunk time and I also don't need to aquire the supplies (which would naturally be rigorously researched and over researched for the best materials, and compared over a compiled list consisting of a hundred different values and ultimately wasting even more of my time than necessary, what'd you expect from an engineer otherwise) and whatever else needed to complete the task so that we can all sorta move on with our lives.

Just set a fair but inflated price, this way it's worth doing it even if you hate the idea of doing it for money and rather they do it themselves (which is a concept I completely and totally understand and empathize with, damn stupid people) and if they think the price is too much then they can figure out the rest themselves. :)

This is great I'll say that at the least, but the problem is not many people have access to machining equipment or welding equipment at a fair price. I'm fortunate enough to have either the skill or equipment/people available to me who/which can make these simple feats actually simple. This is why people will buy your "product" simply because it's not possible to get them otherwise at a good price if any price (think Joe schmo living in the middle of no where and he's only good at growing vegetables and so is everyone he knows)

I mean I COULD work up the means to get a set of mounts like yours, heck I don't even need your drawings it's a practical self forwarding idea that I could draw up half drunk in a strip club if I wanted those drawings bad enough, perhaps with a bit more pizazz thrown into it for looks, but I would much rather see you benefit from the idea knowing firmly you know exactly what to do without thinking about it and it will work, and all I have to do is pay you for it. Meanwhile that frees up my strip club/drunk time and I also don't need to aquire the supplies (which would naturally be rigorously researched and over researched for the best materials, and compared over a compiled list consisting of a hundred different values and ultimately wasting even more of my time than necessary, what'd you expect from an engineer otherwise) and whatever else needed to complete the task so that we can all sorta move on with our lives.

Just set a fair but inflated price, this way it's worth doing it even if you hate the idea of doing it for money and rather they do it themselves (which is a concept I completely and totally understand and empathize with, damn stupid people) and if they think the price is too much then they can figure out the rest themselves. :)

Sitting on a beautiful beach in Israel after a hard day's work .. reading your post with a beer under a parasol i must say I LOVED YOUR POST ... Smiled a lot too ...

ha ha ha ha

Shipping would "kill" it for me, as I live on a small island in Indonesia ... And anything I post I must do from Singapore, so it is quite the endeavour posting stuff here ...

Some good information. I used to modify 49cc moped engines, mostly Puch E50 and Tomos A35.

Those are nice mounts, but not universal. You would need to machine the mount to fit the specific frame tube diameter to make it work perfectly. And even then, the tubes would have to be straight, not tapered. They are making bikes with some pretty weird frames these days. There are also a couple of other issues to building a quality bike with a frame mounted motor, whether 2 stroke or 4 stroke. The rag joint rear sprocket and clamp on tensioner are absolute garbage. I would use a clamshell rear sprocket mount, and an engine mounted chain tensioner. More expensive yes. But you will have a much nicer and far less dangerous bike.

I still wish someone would build a complete motorized bicycle where everything fit perfectly. Something like the recent Whizzer, only with a 48cc motor to make it legal. The Whizzer was never legal in my state. I also wish you could buy quality parts to build a motorized bike from, including frame, wheels designed for a rear sprocket, engine mounts that would fit the frame perfectly, forks designed for V brakes, etc. Motorized bikes have been around for a long time now, but you still can't get any properly fitting high quality parts. It is virtually impossible to build a motorized bike without having to rig something. Not enough of a market? Maybe. But before they became illegal almost everywhere, you could get a lot of high dollar parts for gopeds, and right now there is an absolutely HUGE aftermarket for the Honda Ruckus scooter, which costs about $2000 new. I have seen people put $10K into one. You can actually build an entire Ruckus out of aftermarket parts. Same thing exists for many mopeds. Check out mopedarmy.com, and 1977mopeds.com. They are now building custom frames for the Puch and Tomos engines. Why doesn't the same thing exist for the motorized bicycle market?

Back