metal on metal adhesive?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sourdiesel404, Nov 27, 2013.

  1. sourdiesel404

    sourdiesel404 Member

    can I use a metal on metal adhesive to keep my chain tensioner from moving? an if so what kind???

  2. crassius

    crassius Well-Known Member

    I replace the chinese 4.8 bolts with 10.9 bolts and saw a piece of old handlebar into a "C" shaped half shell to pack the tensioner - has always worked so far.

    Have fought with welded ones that come in for repairs and need the tensioner moved forward or back a little - don't like that.
  3. IbedaYank

    IbedaYank Member

    yeah... its called weld/braze it
  4. Racie35

    Racie35 Member

    I guess you could always drill a hole in one and use a screw to keep it from rolling etc? I don't use tensioners so I'm not really sure
  5. SilverHeels

    SilverHeels Member

    Depending on how much stress is involved there are a couple of body grade adhesives that may work. Investigate 3M body adhesives at your friendly local auto body paint supplier. However, the response "weld/braze" is, more than likely, the fix.
    Good luck!
  6. IbedaYank

    IbedaYank Member

    when did you last see these used on parts that could move or have stress put on them. last I checked doors and trunklids and hoods are still bolted on
  7. SilverHeels

    SilverHeels Member

    Nicely stated Bud! Thanks for your candid, learned reply.