Micargi General + 4 Stroke - Extended Pedal How to?

Tommy22

Local time
9:13 PM
Hi Everyone! I just purchased a 4 stroke kit from eBay along with a hub adapter/sprocket. From Bike berry I purchased the Micargi bike along with the wide pedal assembly. I don't have a lot of experience working on bikes, so I'm having a little trouble with the pedal assembly. The kit came with the cup pieces to fit in the frame, but it did not include the 3 bolts. Also, which one goes on which side? Which lock nuts go on which side? Just not sure on the correct install procedure. I appreciate any guidance. I couldn't find any detail information on youtube for this exact kit.

Also, the hub/sprocket adapter kit I purchase from eBay is just a little too small. It's for 1.5" hub. My hub is 1.528. So there's $40 out the window. It looks like bikeberry carries the correct size for my hub. It's $75, but I feel better about that instead of the rag joint.

The reason I chose this combo is because I wanted to go with a 4 stroke, and I saw this combo completed on this youtube video.

Thanks!

Well, I think I figured it out. Bikeberry customer service sent me a video link that shows the install. Basically I have to buy the kit, just to get the bolts. Now I gotta wait a week for the new parts to come in before I can make any more progress.

Isn't there a bolt store near you? Hardly anyone makes custom non standard threads anymore lol.
Unfortunately they're pretty specific in length with allen heads.. Really doubt Lowes, Tractor Supply, etc stocks those.

Ace hardware will have them or tractor supply might. Im not sure on Lowe's stock but i know menards would have them. You can buy longer and trim then down as well. If you do that put a nut on before you cut the threads then cut and dress the bolt to the right length then take the nut off and detail the treads with a file.

Back