micargi mustang gts frame with grubee skyhawk model engine

jatgm1

Local time
5:56 AM
can anyone share any of their experience with the micargi gts frame? im looking into transfering everything from my current mountian bike, a specialized hardrock, to a micargi gts, its just hard to get things to work the way i want them to with this frame due to size limitations.
im still stuck with a dellorto carb bc a cns or mikuni wouldnt fit properly and i cant go past a 2.2 width rear tire, im cutting it real close as is. not to mention due to the fact its a mountain bike you have a feeling of riding really high instead of having a low center of gravity like a motorcycle.
has anyone on here ever done a micargi mustang gts build with a grubee and do you have any pictures? im hoping i can see how your mounted the engine with the chain guard where it is, and how you got the engine side chain to clear the frame. and how big of a chain are we using to get it all the way back there? does the rear wheel have a coaster brake hub thats compatible with the manic mechanic sprocket adapter or am i using the wheel from this bike? i have only found a few pictures online and the detail is quite poor. maybe someone else that set one up can tell me what they did and i can try to go from there.

I have a custom Micargi Bronco that I have been riding for the last six months, I live in California and since my job is only about two miles from my home this is pretty much my daily driver. Since the frames are similar in length the build should be pretty close to yours. A couple of thing need to done to make the swap. I used a 415 chain and had to lengthen it quite a bit (2 chains w/2 master links) also the throttle cable needs to be a 75 inch version if you want to run your cable out of the way and along your frame rail.

Back