Micargi Prince

Ch1ckenpotpie

Local time
8:07 AM
What sprocket kit and carb extension do I need? Is there going to be anything extra besides that?

Cool bike (if I posted the right pic), but it is not good choice for your first build.
A 20 inch bike like that makes it difficult to mount and adjust everything.
I think the 2 stroke China kits fit without an aftermarket intake, if you have a small air cleaner.

Unless you have a lot of mechanical experience, I would build a beach cruiser first.
You can put a banana seat and apes on the cruiser, or you can transplant the kit to the Prince after you get some experience.

PRINCE-copy.jpg

Here is a Micargi Jetta with a China girl motor.
It looks like he is using a shorty intake. The engine vendors should still be selling those short intakes.
The engine will run better if you can mount the carb with the float bowl in a level position.
jetta-002-1-jpg.76337

Last edited:
Cool bike (if I posted the right pic), but it is not good choice for your first build.
A 20 inch bike like that makes it difficult to mount and adjust everything.
I think the 2 stroke China kits fit without an aftermarket intake, if you have a small air cleaner.

Unless you have a lot of mechanical experience, I would build a beach cruiser first.
You can put a banana seat and apes on the cruiser, or you can transplant the kit to the Prince after you get some experience.

PRINCE-copy.jpg
I have 2 years of everyday riding/repair on a cranbrook. I’m just looking for advice/heads up on problems I’m going to come across with this bike. Like is the 1.5 inch sprocket adapter I’m looking at going to fit between the hundred spokes of this bike?

Edit: spokes

You will struggle getting a sprocket adapter to fit, might not even be possible. The adapters are 3 prong and that wheel has 68 spokes. Generally with the rag joint you want the spoke count divisible by 9, and with the 3 prong adapter you want the spoke count divisible by 3. The more spokes you have the harder it'll be to make it work if it doesn't divide evenly.

You will struggle getting a sprocket adapter to fit, might not even be possible. The adapters are 3 prong and that wheel has 68 spokes. Generally with the rag joint you want the spoke count divisible by 9, and with the 3 prong adapter you want the spoke count divisible by 3. The more spokes you have the harder it'll be to make it work if it doesn't divide evenly.
Oh boy, what did I just sign myself up for

if you're set on those wheels, you could do friction drive or maybe a sheave could be made to fit the spokes for a belt.

I just took 3 of the 68 spokes off. I used a spoke tightener to true the rim and so far so good

Back