Micargi Tahiti with a 4-stroke frame mount?

sjackson

Local time
10:39 AM
So I have this typical schwinn style frame that I had planned on using for my conversion. However, it's just a bare frame, and it's in desperate need of a new paint job (purple metal flake... not my style)

So all the stuff I need to buy for it, and the powder coating I want to have done, will work out to be probably more than just buying a new bike. It's not a classic frame or anything, just a Target/Walmart Schwinn knock off. So if it costs me just as much to get another knock-off already done up the way I want, I might as well, right?

So I was looking at the Micargi Tahiti. (I'm probably going to get a 3-speed for $195, but this link shows all the different colors available in the Product Pictures section. Same bike minus the nexus hub)

Will it fit a 4-stroke you think? I can't see why not... but you never know. And which color do you guys like? I'm leaning towards the black or army green, but the bronze is pretty nifty too.

Last edited:
It looks like it would fit- My frame is a cruiser style shaped very much like that and I have a Honda engine with the grubee gearbox. I word of caution- make sure you get the adjustable motor plate, I don't think the fixed plate used on the Hoot kit fits well.

Yeah I went ahead and got the matte green tahiti. I bought some OD green musette bags last week that I'm going to turn into panniers, so the green frame is probably the best.

Now I just need to find a place that sells the darn kit. Nobody's got the frame mount kit in stock, not even our buddy in Phoenix. I might have to wait until late July! :confused:

I have a red 7 speed that I made electric. I have pics posted in the picture gallery. It's a great bike.

The dimensions of the area where the engine would go are about 15" across the top x 13" neck to chain guard x 11" chain guard to under seat.

It is about 6" across the bottom from the bottom water bottle cage screw to the seat post about an inch above the chain guard.

I hope this helps.

Back