Michelin tire for friction drive bike

66cc-outlaw

Local time
1:53 AM
Just wanted to share some pictures of my new tire. The local bike shop had this for $45. I went with this one because all the others I have tried get eaten up pretty quickly.
2013-06-29 11.14.37.jpg2013-06-29 11.14.31.jpg2013-06-29 11.14.59.jpg2013-06-29 11.15.27.jpg2013-06-29 11.15.58.jpg2013-06-29 11.41.05.jpg2013-06-29 11.41.16.jpg:unsure:

Let us know how long your Michelin lasts.

When I changed from friction drive to a shift kit with a powerful engine, now my back tire lasts for YEARS! with lots of tread left.

you just have to love kevlar beads, dont you? folding a tyre up like that looks wrong.

but that, seriously, is a michelin pilot for a PUSHBIKE? interesting... very interesting :)

tried em out on a moto once. expensive, gripped well but i felt a bit off on the cornering? they were meant to be the best!

also, i noticed a slight tendency to wear on one side. after i sorta noticed it, a week later...the other side was bald!

not the centre mind you...and was on the front. didnt favor it any more, just happened.

but, they do have a reputation for making high mileage tyres, so yeah...see how it goes :)

a lot depends on rollers and tread type. knobby tread disintergrates rapidly. slicks last for ever. too large a roller, slipping, will shred anything.
good teeth on a roller will only shred if they slip...once again, wrong sizing. but theyre great when sized properly :)

a five year old tyre lasts twice as long as a newly purchased tyre ive found.

Headsmess "a five year old tyre lasts twice as long as a newly purchased tyre ive found." That sounds like Obama math there, doesn't add up...........op that looks like a good tire for FD, kinda pricey but maybe it last because of better materials used and it will be money well spent. Flats suck the big one.

I've found that Kenda 838's are a good slick tire, hell they share a pattern with the 8" x4" pneumatic 671 tires on my gopeds! They have been seen at the Dicks sporting goods for a price you won't believe! I gained 2 mph on the bike in my avatar pic " 38mph on WTB velociraprors, 40.1 on Kenda 838's with 27cc's of Zenoah power"

I don't have any experience with that particular tire but if it's the same rubber as in the michelin country junior it will last you for years

For the money, I really like the Kenda 841-c. I've been running one
all summer with no visible wear, but then I always pedal off before
opening the throttle, and I never goose it. $17 shipped.

Attachments

• 41NTab-qZcL._SY450_.jpg
    41NTab-qZcL._SY450_.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 415
Back