Mickey Mouse fix

So Blockbuster is telling me the DVD's I'm returning the cover's all dented up from my clamp I use to transport my movies. So I won at Bingo today and split it with my wife like we always do so like any American man with money in his pocket I set off to Lowels and found the answer to my problem.
Picture 1: This clamp I took a drill and drilled thru my handlebar and set it tight. It still does the job my other clamp did but so much better and stronger it seems.
Picture 2: A closer inspection of the clamp mechanism. Squeeze it down and it holds snug but not too snug. Perfect for my rental DVD's. Then release the lever inside the handle and it loosens up.
Picture 3: So I got this realy bright flashlight laying around. It's powered by cranking this handle for a minute and it stays bright for like an hour. It's led and it throws out blue.
Picture 4: My project tomorrow is to get back to that man store Lowels and find a quick release to hold my flashlight tight. I can't just clamp my light as is cause it throws it to the left or right instead of straight ahead. So just for tonight,this is my temporary fix. A screw in the flashlight body. It's surprizingly on there pretty good.
Picture 5: So clamped on that screw,set tight and tilting the clamp to the right so I can move the flashlight up and down I can now see in the dark,and never have to worry about batteries or using my white wire.
Picture 6: This pic really doesn't do any justice. This light is pretty bright.
I got that flashlight at Costco. It came in a package of eight. MMMMmmm... Maybe if I can get another one up front.....

Attachments

• clamp.JPG
    clamp.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 269
  • closeup.JPG
    closeup.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 241
  • flashlight.jpg
    flashlight.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 257
  • screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 244
  • clamplight.JPG
    clamplight.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 269
  • bright.JPG
    bright.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Today while doing errands in this 0 degree farenheith weather I'm all bundled up,15 miles away from home my clutch cable decides to give.
I don't have a spare.
So I borrowed my rear brake cable,switched it over to my clutch lever,thankful that my cable end wasn't too heavily frayed up to feed thru that clutch adjustment hole and continued on my way with the front brake only.
Of course I rode slower and slowed down before I knew I had to stop.
I have a small c clamp in my toolbox that's the perfect tool to keep the clutch lever down so I can pedal for a while but man did that get old quick.
I'm thinking now if I can somehow get that clutch arm to connect to a lever that I can operate with my knee and/or hand. That would make my bike harder to steal and would take some skill in using.
...anyway I'm gonna get some cables and stick a couple in my tool pouch for next time.

my bike broke down once i had to pedal home after three cranks i decided to pull the motor chain right off made it way easier to pedal

.... 0 degree farenheith ............15 miles away from home my clutch cable decides to give.
I don't have a spare.
So I borrowed my rear brake cable,switched it over to my clutch lever,thankful that my cable end wasn't too heavily frayed up to feed thru that clutch adjustment hole and continued on my way with the front brake only.

Great fix....Way to improvise!! Beats the heck out of pedaling!!

If you scroll up you'll see this pic on my trailer.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2168&d=1191880961
I was getting tired of it getting too close to my chain so I switched the arm.
Those are three of my 5 little goggies. They rule. It was rather easy to do. Most of the holes were already there.I had to drill just one hole for the main bolt that anchors that bar to the trailer.
Picture 1.jpg
That strap actually goes under that plastic loop then it clips up on the frame. This ensures it doesn't clip the sprockets and it don't clip my ankle when I pedal too. That's actually about right where it should be. The strap I fixed a bit later but I didn't get a pic of it.
Picture 2.jpg
I was getting gas for my lawnmower today. At the station I met up with an older gentleman. We chatted for a bit. He's all ready to build one. I thought that was cool.
Picture 3.jpg

It's a good idea to get a CLEAR fuel filter for your fuel line.
Today I was winding it out and it started missing a bit.
So I stopped and noticed immediately there's no fuel in my fuel filter.
Tank is full,petcock is on full flow. Homemade vented cap is in place.
What's going on?
So I take my mouth,reach over my belly(believe me. This is a chore) and sealed my mouth inside the gas hole and blew some pressure in my tank while holding down the tickler button on the carb. This filled up my fuel filter. I mean COMPLETELY filled my filter up. No air bubbles.
It didn't starve of fuel afterwards.
I'm only guessing maybe I had an air pocket in my filter?
Maybe I'll intentionally run out of gas one day or just drain it tonight and cjeck out the petcock screen.
So remember to get a clear fuel filter for maybe YOU may need to blow in your tank one day!

This was originally a thread that highlighted MOOP but I did a Mickey Mouse on Cronus today.
This is my GHETTO PANIER!
I have two of those detergent containers actually. Today I needed to certify my fire extinguishers as one of my many yearly requirements for keeping a Host Home so I rode Cronus all downtown Denver only to find that place has moved further south! I didn't have enough time to go further south so next week I'll go look for it. I'm pretty much stuck at home with my client this Memorial day weekend for the next 4 days. It's the bus tomorrow just to hang with my guy.
The handle idea is a fail. The weight of the extinguishers dropped it down. And when you forget it's there your ankle begs to differ. Man that plastic container hurts.
So I'm gonna see what I can do with some angle iron. Maybe tomorrow. Then if everything looks peachy,I still have almost a full can of the Krylon Fusion for plastic yellow paint,and some Motoredbike stickers.
I'm planning on maybe having it slide down with a quick connect. Then it will all be lower than my jackshaft.
I think if I don't weigh it down too much it would be cool.
Something to do,anyway.

Attachments

• Photo0161.jpg
    Photo0161.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Photo0162.jpg
    Photo0162.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 215
A better job.

I went to Lowes. I remember someone here was looking for a plastic covering for tools and stuff I don't remember but we told him to go to Lowes. Well,here's that stuff.Picture 10.jpg
I bought some hardware and some paint.
Check it.Picture 1.jpg
Notice how I left room to adjust that chain Picture 2.jpg
Here's the double nut Picture 3.jpg Just spin the nut below till it's flush with the bolt then tighten it down with the top nut.
I needed to open up that area but no biggie.Picture 8.jpg
My paint hasn't dried yet but it does snap down.Picture 9.jpg

Now I can carry stuff!

:D

I may put another one on the other side,but I need to get another thing of laundry detergent.

To remove it,loosen the top nuts,loosen the bottom two nuts by hand and everything comes off.
I may need to drill some corner holes for drainage.... should I?

Back