Microcar museum

S

Sockmonkey

Found this "moped" while cruising the MCM...

moped-truck.jpg

Humm, could I???

L

Large Filipino

Could you what? I say that would replace the minivan. Get stakes around the bed and the kiddies would fit right up in there.
You would win parent of the year.

S

sideshowsideswipe

they showed the p50 on top gear a couple nights ago - that thing is really cool and fit a 6"5' man inside.

S

sideshowsideswipe

They are probably hard to come by and expensive these days, but if someone could come up with a kit or something to make these out of styrene/plastic and run them off of a 50cc 2 or 4 stroke I would be all over it.

S

Sianelle

Three wheeled delivery van.

This is a little 3 wheeler I've always had a soft spot for .....

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/268/raleighlightdeliveryvanml5.jpg

I've got a trike up on my workbench at the moment (Yes I do have a BIG workbench, - it saves my back and knees) and I'm toying with the notion of putting a lightweight van type body on it. A Raleigh replica would be easy to do and what's more it would be completely practical.

S

Sockmonkey

Is that delivery van motor powered?

Here is the one I'm in love with...

trike2.jpg

It's a 1955 Inter 175 A Berline with a 175cc single cylinder scooter motor...

trike1.jpg

I might have to build one of these...

S

Sianelle

The Raleigh van was based around their utility type 'V' twin motorcycle intended for sidecar haulage, - so yes it does have a motor. :D

I like the Peel P50, but not the Trident. The Trident would bake you to death on a sunny day under that bubble dome. I was interested to hear it said at the end of the Top Gear programme that they thought the P50 was the best car they'd ever road tested. :eek::D

That Berline would be a honey of a project. I guess a one off bodyshell could be made from fibreglass over a foam core. Some of the velocar streamliner websites have very good 'how tos' on building a bodyshell.