Mid Atlantic MB/Whizzer Rally October 11-12

Hey guys, I just found a reasonably priced hotel just outside of Lewes with rooms still available. It's called the Red Mill Inn. It's only about ten minutes from the Rally site. Quenton and his wife, my brother and I have all booked rooms there. Also, it's pet friendly if anyone is bringing their dog. The phone number is: (302) 645-9736.

We will be there on 10th. We also checked and the Inn has wireless internet [so I can keep up with all the emails from motoredbikes.com]. Everyone needs to bring some items for the swap meet. It would be a big help if everyone would advise me what to bring. I have a lot of radical Whizzer parts if anyone wants to see them. Should I bring a vintage Whizzer, if so, I am taking requests? I will most likely bring my 99 to ride [or maybe my wife's 2001], a special prototype [if I get it finished in time], and that leaves room for one more [3 total will fit in my Astro van]. I can bring lots of parts, motors, auto clutch upgrades, hi lift camshafts, tachometers [early rare version], speedometers, muffler inserts [including the Tom Hand original prototypes], pipes, belts, sheeve kits, manifold kits, gaskets, pistons, rings, cylinders, heads [6 different versions], and just way too much to list. I can't bring my entire inventory [just won't fit in the van, not even close], so just let me know what you want to look at, and I will pack it in the van somewhere. I have lots of Whizzer vintage NOS, used, and rebuilt parts for the "H", "J", "300", "700" motors if anyone needs, including an Luxenburg Whizzer "300" complete rebuilt motor [with the needle bearing crankshaft], and one of the last Whizzer "700" kits produced still in the box [NOS]. Just need feedback on what everyone wants to see. It would also be helpful to contact me or post on this site
which of the following "vintage" Whizzers should I bring. I have reduced the list by 1/2, but still could use a little guidance. Here are the choices, 1949 Ivory Schwinn WZ/S4 with "J" motor [winner 2007 Portland, IN], 1950 Maroon Whizzer Pacemaker with "300" motor [winner 2006 Portland, IN], 1951 Blue WZ/S4 with "300" motor [winner 2005 Paducah, KY], or a 1950 two-tone green Schwinn Panther [DX] with "J" motor [winner Portland, IN 2005].
What a wonderful opportunity for us to gather, ride, get to know each other, and have fun. It isn't often we get a chance like this on the east coast to have this much fun, so if at all possible try to make the event to show your support. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Have fun,
Quenton, Donna, SuzieQ & Teddy

Last edited:
Quenton,
I would be interested in a tachometer, and it doesn't even have to be the rare early version. As to the vintage Whizzer, I think you sent me a photo of the maroon Pacemaker before, and I'd love to see that baby in person! :D

Quenton's inventory

You have my wife worried Quenton. She's not coming and she read your post on what you might bring. She said to me "don't buy too much". Ha, Ha, can't wait. 8 days and counting.

Weather forcast

The long range weather forecast looks very good as of now. Mostly sunny in the low 70's. Can't beat that for October.

Jim

Back