Mikes Hard Lemonade.

Here is my motored bike.

I cannot upload the image to the forum so here it is.

41_slicerdicer_1.jpg

I did use image compression so it should be 56k friendly :)

I do not know why the chain is making popping noises however? Its true and straight I have put it up on a stand and spun it I can hear the popping but cannot identify where tis coming from? I am wondering if its my rear hub?

i fixed it up for ya :)
(it's best to resize before uploading.)

anyway...if the engine chain's too tight, the tensioner wheel won't spin & the noise could very well be the chain grinding grooves in it. as it's a fairly new build, you'll have some chain stretching to deal with for a while.

you've mentioned you're not happy with the durability of the bike, but i still think it looks great 8)

Slicer,
Thats sweet I haven't seen the mike bikes yet.I've seen several others Budwieser,firestone,and a couple of others.Thats realy slick nice job

Feel the flex of each link between your fingers. There might be a frozen link causing a bind. Post if you located one.

Good looking ride. :)

alright I will flex each link and try that. the chain is loose to a degree not enough to create binding.

I removed the rear whitewall as I could not get enough traction in the sand out here when I cut across drainage ditches.

how loose should the chain be? can you give me a idea how much I should be able to move it?

i don't know about should...but mine has been trouble free for many miles.

i have approx. 3/4 of an inch of play at the center of the top run, 415 chain. my tensioner roller moves with the chain, & so long as everything's properly lubed there's no unusual noise. when it's time to re-oil, the roller makes a dry little squeal :)

I am going to need to rebuild my rear wheel "damn it" 2 broken spokes and deformed tire... this may be part of the vibration problem ARRRRRGHH!!

Add that to the list of busted parts :eek: Any ideas where to get cheap/free bike parts? maybe the city landfill?

SlicerDicer said:
I am going to need to rebuild my rear wheel "damn it" 2 broken spokes and deformed tire... this may be part of the vibration problem ARRRRRGHH!!

Add that to the list of busted parts :eek: Any ideas where to get cheap/free bike parts? maybe the city landfill?

No, spend the money for a quality wheel with nice, thick spokes. It pays for itself when you realize you had it on for 4 months without adjustment.

Back