Mikesbike from Boise Id.

M

mikesbike

I failed to take the time to interduce myself so here it is...
I ride a vintage cruiser frame (parts of many old bikes) with a 48cc round head. I have aprox. 3000 miles on it. I stopped keeping track when I got rid of the electric speedo.
It was to much trouble and the bike won't go much over 30in any case. I've used many of the ideas from you good folks to get my bike to a pretty much dialed in state. I ride it very often. My current quest is to make it more quiet. I put some stainless steel cleaning wool in the muffer and added a silicone exhaust extention from the hobby shop that helps. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the carb intake less loud.
Idaho is great for these bikes. If you're under 50cc you are not required to licence, be licenced or insure your bike. The police are no problem unless you ride on a sidewalk under power. They don't like that! There are not many of these bikes around here. Some. A couple of friction drive bikes and few of the chain drive like mine. I'm kind of glad because I'm afraid the laws would change if it became to popular. Well there it is. Thanks to all of you who have been so helpful in my success with Mikesbike. mg:D

hey, mike...what if it became "too" popular but we all were minding our manners? how would "they" handle them apples, i wonder?

if you see someone misbehaving on a motoredbike, try to politely dress him or her down, then lead them to MBc to understand why. let cops know you're being good on purpose, give them the addy, too....blah-de-blah-blah :)

thanks for settin' me up for the mini-speech, hope ya din't mind :rolleyes:

welcome to MBc :cool:

Augidog, no worries. I don't mind the speach. But my comment was based on conversation with the authorities and it was suggested that maybe the laws here were not clear or up todate and should be changed. I would not like to see change.They suit me just fine! The end of discussion was interesting though. The officer suggested that the police here should use motered bikes. He gave me his card. I'm in good in this community. People love my bike. The police smile and wave.
I had a mock race with a motorcyle cop a few weeks back. He now wants to build himself a bike like ours. Its all good. Anything we can do to fight the oil barons. Our hi-bred bikes are one way to do it and affordable to most.

Mike - I'm here in Boise, too! Nice to see someone from my own city on here...you're only one of the few from this area. I, too have seen a few friction drives, but not much else. I first got into this hobby when I saw a kid riding through Ann Morrison park, and he came quickly around a corner, pedaled just a bit, hit the gas and was gone. Have no idea what kind of motor he had, but he had it on a bicycle, and [of course] I was hooked!

Also, I did a little post on Idaho laws and how much of a grey area we have in our statues regarding these fun machines (http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4363).

Anyway, glad to see you're here and I would say maybe we should go riding some time, but I have so little time right now (work, school, family, just moved) that it may not happen until the springtime. But hey, I just might be persuaded.... :cool:

Barret, its nice to hear from a local. But first...Thanks to all the welcomes!!!!!!!
Barret, I built my first motored bike a little more than two years ago. I ride through Ann Morrison park all the time. I live just up the hill. Maybe it was I that you saw??? Did you make the Tour De-Fat at JD park last week? The Fat Tire folks through a great party there. Hundeds of great vintage and very different bicycles. I had the only motored bike there that I saw. But I ran into a friend who said he has one as well. There are a few around. It would be fun to meet up some time. Maybe at the park?

Back