Carby Mikuni VM 18mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea totally port matched my altitude is only 17ft tho lol i tthink im gonna put a 25 pilot back in tho after a good 30 mile trip today it kept actting lean wasent running away but acted like it wasent getting enough to get it started at first like it was flooded but actually the opposite and carbs not dirty

Last edited:
Also a 70, and normaly to small for a reed or even modded piston port.
Well, do you think I should order some larger main jets and try them or, since it is running very well on the main stock jet, just let it be? Also, what about the idle jet? Is there any reason I should change that?

Well, do you think I should order some larger main jets and try them or, since it is running very well on the main stock jet, just let it be? Also, what about the idle jet? Is there any reason I should change that?
Check your plug and it will let you know (y).

Read the plug to see what's going on!

Just for gags, I ran my 21mm carb at 125 main 35 idle in the fall and ran 145 main and 55 idle in the winter. Now, I need to change my needle setting and main jet. I might also need a different needle or bigger idle because it won't run at 1/4 -1/2 open.

Just for gags, I ran my 21mm carb at 125 main 35 idle in the fall and ran 145 main and 55 idle in the winter. Now, I need to change my needle setting and main jet. I might also need a different needle or bigger idle because it won't run at 1/4 -1/2 open.
Check your ignition with spark strength testor.with these ignition componants dont always just die and a weak spark can trick you into thinking its too rich when it was fine before.

Check your ignition with spark strength testor.with these ignition componants dont always just die and a weak spark can trick you into thinking its too rich when it was fine before.
I can try it. It was like that before and tbh I need to tighten up my squish once I break in. Don't want to make adjustments now and have to start over when my premix ratio changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back