Mikuni VM18 tuning questions

Definitely too lean. Question is, was the engine cut off at idle or wot? You can only do a plug read from the last throttle position used, and keep it there for at least 10 seconds.
Ya the clutch was pulled in first time I’ve ran the engine. Do you guys know if a kx65 or ktm65 carb would work or what jet they have in them? Just curious.

im running the vm18 mikuni with OZ reed with mz65 exhaust and sounds to me like your way lean im at barely 17ft sea level and my pilot is a 22.5 and my main is a 65 itll run rich with the 70 but it runs good still tho after that its nothing id say try 90-110 like previously suggested depending on your alttitude

What about pilot jet should I get larger as well? I think I'm looking at around 1,000 ft above sea level not sure the exact though, there are alot of hills.

Does anyone know? I don't want to buy a bunch of jets if I don't need them. I'm guessing I need a bigger than stock pilot jet as well although the bike was idling fine, it just didn't have any power when clutch was released and literally had to be downhill to keep running.

Back