70cc DAX engine
Dellorto Carb
UNI Air Filter
Bullet Moped Expansion Chamber
Front Disk and Rear Band Brakes
26"x2.21 3G Slicky G Front Tire
24"x3" Big Road Hog Rear Tire
Italian seat and bars from the 70's
6 & 12 volt lighting system and 12 volt horn.
Moped levers Throttle and switches
Motorcycle Mirrors
Ebay bargain saddle bags.
70mm skateboard wheel with Radikal axle
Hot Wheels NASCAR Speedometer

I just noticed, you've got the same skull grips as azvinnies chopper 8) 8)
he has had probs with the skulls weight causing them to break, he had to epoxy them :eek: :eek:

also, what size is it and where did you get carb...does it work better? any info please?

I notices his grips were the same too. I had one of the skulls come off when I was changing bars but I stuck in on with some Shoe Goo and it has been fine since.
The carb is a Dellorto SHA 15.15 I got from 1977 Mopeds. It fit right on the stock manifold on the Dax engine. The nice thing about it is you can get jets for it so you can tweak the mixture. It made the engine run smoother and eliminated any cutting out at WOT. It didn't seem to make it any faster but then again I live at about 6400' and with a little engine like this the loss of some performance to the altitude just can't be avoided. I would bet it would make a bigger difference where the air is thicker.

nice ride, mile-high. l remeber seeing this bike when l joined here, since then you have added alot more kewl stuff to it. like l said nice job 8)

That is amazing...

I love it. I really love it. In a few months though, my new bike will put it to shame. :D

What is your top speed, and what performance changes does that expansion chamber give that little engine?

azvinnie said:
nice ride, mile-high. l remeber seeing this bike when l joined here, since then you have added alot more kewl stuff to it. like l said nice job 8)

The chopper I had up last year was based on a Schwinn Stingray. I stole a lot of parts off of it for this one hence the V2. It rode really well but always felt a little too small. I ended up redoing that one for my kid.

These Grubee frames stink stay away from them! I started feeling vibrations and the weld top weld on the front engine mount gave out. I figured I could rig something to fix that but upon closer inspection I found the bottom weld of the same mount was going and cracks had started around both sides of the bottom tube of the frame. This one is shot. :censored: I figured that since it was designed for the engine it would be strong enough.

I have a Mustang Stretch Frame around that I was going to use for another project. I think I will transfer all the components to that instead. It was a short life for V2 only a few months.

Coming Soon...... Mile-High Chop-Ped V3

the bike he bought came with it
read the whole thread
the brake and sprocket mount are probably the only usefull parts
(the frame developed cracks)

Back