Miles Travel?

S

SlicerDicer

I am curious I live out in the middle of nowhere in Rio Rancho... well I have really in all directions to get anywhere about 5-9 miles one way or more.. How do they do duration wise? The ambient temps outside are nowhere near as hot as AZ like spookytooth has to deal with.

So how good are they at going distances such as that?

The Chinese 80cc motor that is.

providing you treat her more like a light aircraft than a bicycle (preventive maintainence and pre-"flight" checks) you're gonna have no problem (with the engine) on 10-20 mile hops :)

I done 4 hours on one of these engines with no problem only stopping once to top off with fuel at a local gas station. Biggest problem with these engine is that they tend to shake everything apart. Today I went for a quick ride and lost a rear brake pad because it vibrated loose. I am now putting loctite on EVERYTHING including my pedals.

50 miles round trip with no problems.
200+ miles since new, no problems.
Loctite EVERYTHING when you build it.

I do a daily 28 mile commute on mine. No problems except for broken spokes. Fixed that with 12 gage spokes.

Moth

miles?

i travel everyday on mine 9miles each way. overheating never the problem...always vibration :???:

I have a idea for the vibration. I will test it and let know how it works. I think it should eliminate all vibration from the bicycle itself however the engine is free to rattle all it wishes too. But then again it will also dampen the effects on the engine as well by absorbing it.

Will see how it works out if it does well I will be sure to let know about it.

The first bike I put an engine on was a large frame mountain bike. The vibration was terrible. The next ones were smaller framed cruiser bikes, the vibration was much less. I suppose it has to do with the frame geometry.

Moth

Moth,
I am fairly sure you are 100% right! I have a Huffy framed bike (20 inch) that vibrates all day long. After 3 different engines on it, I have concluded that it is the frame and not the bike. I have another frame (diamondback) that rides like a cadillac....very smooth and not a hint of vibration in the handle bars.

Back