Milling a predator 212 head.

I know paul mentions something about the valve guide helping with flow. He mentions that most people mow the guide off when porting. He said it's bad for valve stability for 1 & 2 it decreases with flow/mixture or port swirl.
I've never mowed off the valve guide, just shaped it a little bit for better flow.

The valve guides are not there as decoration...I can't believe that some folks would just "mow the guide off"...lol...lol.
Lol as a young kid I used to do it,🤣😂🤣 b4 I knew much about porting. Lmao engine would run like a mofo in the upper rpm range, but was a dead dog on low end rpm.

Some guys are chasing every ounce of power and will do anything.
Yeah like a complete titanium valve train, at the cost of $500 alone. Lmao then you still got to buy a cylinder head at $700🤣😂🤣 Wish I could afford it!!! Stupid money!!!

I've never mowed off the valve guide, just shaped it a little bit for better flow.
Its mentioned that a wedge shaped valve guide helps. Looks like a V-plow/V-snow plow when looking at guide thru the port. Should be shaped with the wedge pointing toward each side of valve bowl.

Yeah like a complete titanium valve train, at the cost of $500 alone. Lmao then you still got to buy a cylinder head at $700🤣😂🤣 Wish I could afford it!!! Stupid money!!!
I like to see what I can do with no money put into it at all, or very little. Somethings you need just for safety sake, just can't be ignored.

I like to see what I can do with no money put into it at all, or very little. Somethings you need just for safety sake, just can't be ignored.
Yeah as cheap as the predator/clones heads are, I'm thinking I could end up with a few. Lmao even end up having some that are a complete failure. 🤣😂🤣 How does the predator/clone engines oil the cylinder head? I'm curious. Theres a oil passage in cylinder head, & where push rods come thru head is the oil drain back to block.

Yeah as cheap as the predator/clones heads are, I'm thinking I could end up with a few. Lmao even end up having some that are a complete failure. 🤣😂🤣 How does the predator/clone engines oil the cylinder head? I'm curious. Theres a oil passage in cylinder head, & where push rods come thru head is the oil drain back to block.
No pump, so has to come from the slinger. It would be cool to have a clear case to watch the action.

No pump, so has to come from the slinger. It would be cool to have a clear case to watch the action.
They mention when max porting is done on the predator/clone cylinder heads, that you will cut into the supply oil feed to the cylinder head. There fix is to weld up cylinder head & drill smaller oil passage & install a brass tube in oil passage. To me it sounds like they got some type of pressure lubing, but I cannot find anymore info on the oiling side of the predator/clone engine.

Back