Milling the Whizzer head

Roller lifters!!! More info please!
Got me a 1998 WC-1, number 07 Much has changed since then. sorry to hear about today's stuff.
This one will stay all WC-1, with some upgrades.

Thank,
Ray
20160911_120235.jpg
20160911_120235.jpg
20160730_110744.jpg
2014-11-25 16.01.02.jpg
20160911_141132.jpg
20160911_145612.jpg

Wish I had taken pictures of the Roller lifters and the "Box Car" cam I ran for a short time. Lifters were given away, but think I may still have the camshaft somewhere. If interested I will find it and post pictures. I had to abandon the project as they caused valve float way too early [just over 6500]. In order to make my motors hit serious RPMs I had to reduce the valve train weight. My lifter diameter is .2177" and valve stem O.D. is .215" [Toyota Quad valves]. The valves are super light weight and have really thin contact area. I had to increase the valve spring pressure to reach higher RPMs, and simply used progressive springs with 1/8" spacer between spring and guide.

Have fun,

I have a whizzer cam,Copied From a wicked Crocker motorcycle cam,just need me some roller lifters. Quenton don't got none.
Hopefully the the magicfingers can Shed some light.
I tell you this cam is wicked!

Ray

Set I had was simply a stock set with a section notched out for roller [wheel], and a pin pressed across to act as axle for the roller and guide pin. The guide pins are needed to stop them from turning [rollers don't work well sideways] in the lifter bores. The roller lifters allow using some crazy camshaft configurations on lift, duration, lobe centers, and overlap.
Any pictures of your modified camshaft?

Have fun,

Pictures, haven't I given up the most already? should keep you guys busy for awhile no? Tried cutting the cam gear yet? hehehe, post pic when you do, won't be easy. but well worth it!
Tomorrow we start on my rollers, cut racie's cams, work some cylinders.
Ask racie if he wants to show his, sent it to him about a 1 1/2 year ago.

Ray

Trying to figure out why Lee will answer on here but won't reply to any of its/his emails and 20000 miles with no service uhm thats funny guess youd have to be there

Back